F1 2016 car launch details

Soldato
As for the Haas car, I see a lot of people making statements here and elsewhere about it looking basic and not having many details on it and I honestly can't understand it. Where the cheap cars well, cheap out, is in things like the front wing, getting the body work tighter and making more difficult noses. It has a fairly complex front wing, pretty contoured body work into the rear of the car, a good rear wing, barge boards, etc. What exactly makes it a basic looking car?

The front and rear wing look like the Ferrari ones with a few details missing here and there (the end plates are identical, down to every last detail). They're not the problem.

dfs10.jpg

It's fat. Size obviously not everything, but the Ferrari with the same engine and gearbox is tiny on the floor.

smr

smr

Soldato
Oh and the mclaren launch was due 10am today...then i find out they released the launch at 8am gmt. The picturee posted shortly before midnight last night were leaks but i havent seen anyone being in trouble about it. I half think mclaren wouldnt really give a toss either. Car launches just get crappier year after year.

Soldato
I thought Haas was going to make the car yellow? I must be going mad.

I don't mind Saubers livery, at least it isn't silver/grey/black, although it could do with a bit more effort.

What gains did they talk of?

Here's what Fernando said, Arai has always talked about getting the ERS system to where it should be as it leaves them sitting ducks, etc., which is also mentioned here and there was the 'information' floating about referring to power numbers gained over last year that were "leaked" to AS, however true that is. Hopefully, they should at least be in line with last years Renault engine, or at least getting twice the points to engines consumed.

Last edited:

smr

smr

Soldato
I thought Haas was going to make the car yellow? I must be going mad.

I don't mind Saubers livery, at least it isn't silver/grey/black, although it could do with a bit more effort.

Here's what Fernando said, Arai has always talked about getting the ERS system to where it should be as it leaves them sitting ducks, etc., which is also mentioned here and there was the 'information' floating about referring to power numbers gained over last year that were "leaked" to AS, however true that is. Hopefully, they should at least be in line with last years Renault engine, or at least getting twice the points to engines consumed.

Marca came out with the ridiculous horsepower numbers which Honda and McLaren flat out refuted. All I have heard is that they understand the main PU problems from last season but with the regulations and token system were unable to fix during the season, so the lap time deficit in terms of the deployment and ICE should, you'd have thought, be fixed for this season - that will hopefully make up a huge chunk of time.

Realistically I'd be hoping McLaren are fighting with the Williams this season and that'll most likely be behind the Merc and Ferrari cars... Red Bull will be in the mix there too.

I notice that McLaren hatin' Benson has tried stirring things up by publishing an article already centered around the "conspicuous" nature of Ron not saying when he's expecting wins this year... honestly, save face and getting egg on your face - is Benson really surprised to hear anything different? 2015 has obviously humbled and grounded everyone at Sakura and Woking and the silly comments Arai kept on coming out with last year, and for that matter Boullier's expectations (by Europe we'll be winning races) can be done without. At least this way it keeps the press off the back of the team (for a bit) and the fans aren't going to whine as hard. Low expectations and high rewards hopefully.

Caporegime
The McLaren looks boring and horrible - "What shall we do with the livery this year?" - "I don't know, lets just paint it black and be done with it". The Ferrari looks good apart from the fact the stupid nose ruins it.

The Merc is the best so far by a long shot.

Back
Top Bottom