F1 2016

Man of Honour
OP
Looks great so far. Not getting as many fps as I hoped so have turned off TAA to SMAA and shadow settings down a little.

Just faffing with my wheel now, it always takes me ages to find the sweet spot. I should write down my settings somewhere!

Soldato
Looks great so far. Not getting as many fps as I hoped so have turned off TAA to SMAA and shadow settings down a little.

Just faffing with my wheel now, it always takes me ages to find the sweet spot. I should write down my settings somewhere!

What wheel do you have? I have a t500 and the only time I've had to mess around with the settings was when automobilsta was in very early beta, but it works great straight out the box now.

Soldato
I'm just going to plug in my DF GT and hope it works, I haven't got the hang of fiddling so I hope someone with this wheel will post a good set up somewhere

Man of Honour
OP
What wheel do you have? I have a t500 and the only time I've had to mess around with the settings was when automobilsta was in very early beta, but it works great straight out the box now.

Logitech Force EX. Have always found a good sweet spot in the past, I just need to fiddle with steering sat and lin.

Man of Honour
OP
Love the points system for developing the car. Real incentive for doing laps in practice now....:)

Yup, makes it worth doing.

Have ended up with a steering deadzone of 6, seering lin at 75 and sat at 35. I don't remember ever having such high values. I think my wheel is wearing out :p

Feedback on a 100 for all settings, but might dial this back a bit.

Loving the live TV feed from the pit lane!

Last edited:
Associate
Damn wasn't interested in this but seeing reviews and player reviews is really tempting me.

Would be playing on an Xbone pad but hearing that's very good as well.....arrgggg expensive at £40 odd tho hmmmm

Soldato
Can't play on controller as it's too sluggish, but then my wheel wont stop shaking like mad and destroying my desk on straights, no matter the deadzone! Looks like I won't be playing this for a while until I can sort this out :(

Nice

Might take a look at that later then.
Shame no refunds if runs bad like steam direct but got a 1070 so should be fine!

I'm running on high with TAA on a GTX770 so you should be fine :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
am I the only one finding the framerate a bit choppy? even when I lower the settings right down I get drops, but the small drops feel massive.

When racing, no. During interviews/career stuff, yes.

This is the best F1 game for a while and the best codies have produced. Brilliant so far.

AI significantly improved too.

Man of Honour
OP
Can't play on controller as it's too sluggish, but then my wheel wont stop shaking like mad and destroying my desk on straights, no matter the deadzone! Looks like I won't be playing this for a while until I can sort this out :(

I had to switch off all of my logitech force feedback settings and to let the game do everything. I am still getting a little shaking, but turning up deadzone and turning down force feedback environmental effects helped.

Caporegime
i turned down wheel wight to 50 just tweaking as i go. ideally i need quicker turn in.

:D

been trying spar with the merc.need to adjust from my rallly style :p

Soldato
I had to switch off all of my logitech force feedback settings and to let the game do everything. I am still getting a little shaking, but turning up deadzone and turning down force feedback environmental effects helped.

I've just had a word with the handling team here and for Logtiech wheels the profiler is set to 100, 0, 0, 0. Then in game I can't remember all the settings but most set to 100 then FFB/Weight set to 50-70 depending on preference. As you go higher with the FFB you'll start to lose the nuances of the FFB effects as you saturated the motors in the wheel.

Obviously this is just the settings they've been using to setup the FFB curves for the game so you'll need to tweak some settings for your personal taste. I know for me I like a very aggressive turn-in so I can dive bomb at apexs without too much movement but that makes it awkward for longer corners.
How do you get the warm up lap on in career mode?

Off the top of my head it should be in "race settings" during the load screens between sessions, you can tweak most of the race weekend settings there. If the race event has already loaded I don't think you can enable the warm-up lap, but you can during Practice, Quali etc

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I've just had a word with the handling team here and for Logtiech wheels the profiler is set to 100, 0, 0, 0. Then in game I can't remember all the settings but most set to 100 then FFB/Weight set to 50-70 depending on preference. As you go higher with the FFB you'll start to lose the nuances of the FFB effects as you saturated the motors in the wheel.

Obviously this is just the settings they've been using to setup the FFB curves for the game so you'll need to tweak some settings for your personal taste. I know for me I like a very aggressive turn-in so I can dive bomb at apexs without too much movement but that makes it awkward for longer corners.

Good tips, thanks :) - I will make those adjustments.

Finding this a good challenge! Trying career mode on hard. I tried the next difficulty up, but I think that might be a future challenge :)

Soldato
Anyone here using a GTX 970? Just wondering what the performance is like... Hoping to run at 1440p

Only 2 more hrs of work left! :p

Soldato
Anyone here using a GTX 970? Just wondering what the performance is like... Hoping to run at 1440p

Only 2 more hrs of work left! :p

So I ran the benchmark this morning at 1440p....with a 1080gtx BUT that was running at MAX settings with SMAA&TXAA, 16x AF, and it averaged I think 85fps with a min of 65. 970 should be fine, just not quite all the bells and whistles :)

Back
Top Bottom