Fallout: New Vegas

Soldato
It works for most things i guess. Proxy to the USA, activate, go offline and never go back online until UK release then return to UK. People were doing it for Civ.

Though theres no way of knowing what Valve would do if they caught you out so why risk it for 3 days?

Associate
It works for most things i guess. Proxy to the USA, activate, go offline and never go back online until UK release then return to UK. People were doing it for Civ.

Though theres no way of knowing what Valve would do if they caught you out so why risk it for 3 days?

Valve would do nothing, i did this for F1 and read the Valve EULA, which mentions absolutely nothing about it. Nothing wrong about using a VPN, plenty of people use them every day, and you have already paid Valve, so they don't care.

Last edited:
Soldato
who said pink shop does not ship special editions outside Uk ?

G**E: Your order is on its way!

Dear **************

Your Order Number(s):
078**********

Qty Description
1 Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition [PC Games]

mine shipped

Associate
I know it doesn't mean much coming from IGN, but this is encouraging none the less:

IGN said:
Fallout: New Vegas is the game that many wanted Fallout 3 to be. It's harder, more ruthless, better written and more morally ambiguous. It's a game we’ve been wanting to play for more than a decade, a real modern re-imagining of the Fallout series, complete with that deliciously black humour. But it's also more of the same, aesthetically and technically identical to Fallout 3, wonky facial animation and all. The ever-so-slightly ageing technology only marginally detracts from what is otherwise an expansive, fulfilling and ambitious game, unmatched in scope and maturity. If Obsidian were to make another Fallout game, we certainly wouldn't say no.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hopefully this will be the next decent experience since the last 'big' title release, Metro 2033. Seems like a long time ago so roll on Friday. :)

Permabanned
Sounds the same as FO3, which was still a brilliant game. I can easily overlook things like console feel as long as the story and gameplay and excellent. Which it sounds like they are.

I agree. Im not saying this a bad game, neither is the author of the post. Earlier I compared the recent Fallout games to Alfa Romeo cars...

Stylish, passionate, brilliant, often world changing creations, but about as reliable as a chocolate fireguard

Man of Honour
Anyone able to confirm this works for Fallout New Vegas?

Dammit - for a second there I actually considered buying it at £29.99 just to be able to play it now :eek: :(

Loads of my Steam friends are using it and it worked fine for F1 2010 when I used it a few weeks ago. Actually, many of us did it for F1 2010 and no one got banned, so no worries (not that there is anything in the user agreement that says you can't and it would be difficult to prove). Just make sure you switch to offline mode and change your region before going back online after release day :)

Soldato
I think you should try it. Fallout 3 GOTY is cheap so better to 'waste' a little money on that to see if you like it instead of £40 or so for New Vegas.

So true, I don't reckon New Vegas is going to be any different to F3, just new missions and new scenery. This is definitely not a game for everyone.

Associate
Anyone able to confirm this works for Fallout New Vegas?

Dammit - for a second there I actually considered buying it at £29.99 just to be able to play it now :eek: :(

Using an SSH server and Proxycap to do this - its currently decrypting game files :)

I can play in 6 hours as it has a shockingly bad download speed atm - less than 100KB/s. I had the game preloaded so it looks like some stuff has changed ?? Not sure but its gotta be a quite big

Last edited:
Associate
Just read the Eurogamer review and it's got me even more hyped for this now. :p

It sounds a lot more survival based then the previous game and it sounds like they've brought back some deeper RPG elements. Crafting plays a bigger part in the game now and you can craft your own stimpaks and medical supplies. I also like the sound of the hardcore mode and might try it from the start. Having to be conscious about eating, drinking and sleeping at the right time, plus only being able to carry certain amounts of ammo. This should add an exta level of strategy and difficulty to the gameplay. I like!

Soldato
lol :rolleyes: do people really use stuff like this on there first ever run?

Of course. But they're the sort of idiots who get tired of the game in the first week then either never play it again or bitch about it being boring then never play it again.

Oh they included ammo weight in 'hardcore' too? Was a nice change on FO3, you had to really invest in stuff to buff up your carry limit as a Big Guns char since missiles were 1 each, Mini Nukes were 3 each and the huge supply of ammo for your weapons added up.

Is there a list of what hardcore mode actually entails? I'm wondering how much they basically ripped from FWE :p

Soldato
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...as-Hardcore-Mode-Earns-Players-Special-Reward

Nvm found that. Unless the wasteland in general is a harder place than FO3 then 'hardcore' mode is nothing more than something to make people think they're better than they really are. No doubt people are rushing in hardcore mode to the infinite XP glitch so they can get there special prize :rolleyes: Stimpaks healing over time, ammo weight, 'real life needs' and requiring additional things like braces to heal crippled limbs did not increase the difficulty of the game a great deal in FO3... not alone. In combination with the global increase in damage, then you got something hard.

And the kicker... "You can choose to enter HARDCORE MODE!!!!!!111 where things get slightly harder, this mode is for advanced players... but you can turn it on/off anytime you like just incase you suck, after all we wouldn't want to make you look bad now would we". Much like how you can change difficulty on the fly... seriously its an RPG, why is there no consequence to your choices of difficulty or mode at the start if you can just change it when things get hard? If something is too hard for you, your character is too weak, the game is not badly balanced or bugged or **** or *insert random whine here*, turning down the difficulty because you found a hard encounter is not role playing...

Back
Top Bottom