Fallout: New Vegas

Soldato
Been playing for a few hours now and I'm really not that impressed.

It just feels like a particularly good Fallout 3 mod, except with lower res textures and crappy voice acting (seriously someone dropped the ball here, it's TERRIBLE). Nothing seems to have been upgraded visual wise, the game opening sequence is pitifully bad, at least the exposition of Vault 101 was slightly emotional and then MASSIVE SUN GLARE OH LOOK WASTELAND thing when you came out of the vault seemed both reasonable and impressive, you got to see the memorial thing and ruined highways, in this you step out of a house and see some shacks and brown hills...

I am playing on Hardcore Hard and have yet to encounter ANYTHING resembling a challenge, ammo, money, water everything is incredibly easy to find or steal, enemies are painfully weak as well.

Music is pretty good though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am playing on Hardcore Hard and have yet to encounter ANYTHING resembling a challenge, ammo, money, water everything is incredibly easy to find or steal, enemies are painfully weak as well.

Music is pretty good though.

Food and water always will be. Think the main point is that you can't simply cart loads of it with you with the additional ammo requirements.

But the difficulty is exactly as i expected... the additions of hardcore mode basically limit how much loot you can carry, they don't make things actually harder. The stimpak/healing change makes tons of difference... if you actually take enough damage in the first place. It was a huge change on FO3 with global damage increases, more enemies, costlier items from traders and fewer stimpaks in general being sold. I actually found myself requiring doctor visits because i hadn't carried enough medical braces or surgical supplies with me or purely because spending 100 at a doctors beat having to use 3 or 4 Stimpaks at 75 each.

Oh and the review last page said the playlist and dialogue on the radio is far too limited so you hear the same thing a lot and get tired of it.

Now, listen to this "Hey everybody, did the news get around. About a guy named Butcher Pete" Gotta love that song :cool:

Soldato
Oh look, Evilsod moaning :rolleyes: :D

I liked FO3, a lot - it's the only game I played through twice, the second time immediately after the first. I had been hanging fire on New Vegas, but I caved in tonight and pre-ordered - found a decent price online, so why not :)

Soldato
After reading some of the comments here I cancelled my pre-order. Was never that interested in it, although I did enjoy the first one. I would much rather save £10/15 and get it in the sales later in the year like I did with FO3.

Soldato
Well going by comments in this thread I ordered FO3 GOTY to see if I like the style. I was put off by Steam's price but shopped around and found a very reasonable price elsewhere!

Soldato
My CE got shipped too, even though I live outside UK - happy!
Cannot wait, the characters, dialogues, quest design, voice acting -all that should be lot above FO3.
Who cares about graphics. It is good enough to make me immersed, which is what matters.

Only thing I would like improved is GUI for PC, but with GECK out I suppose mods will be out in a few days that will rectify it.

Soldato
Any high res texture mods out yet?

Are you serious?

Oh look, Evilsod moaning :rolleyes: :D

I liked FO3, a lot - it's the only game I played through twice, the second time immediately after the first. I had been hanging fire on New Vegas, but I caved in tonight and pre-ordered - found a decent price online, so why not :)

Complaining yes ><

Think i'll just pick it up cheap at Xmas tbh or maybe wait for the GotY. Most non-story things that are new in this game i've played already on mods on FO3 and by comparison NV will probably just seem easy.

Back
Top Bottom