Fastershire / Gigagclear 1000Mbps fibre to the property

Soldato
OP
Spoke with tech dude at Gigaclear about my **** poor download speed..
He said try different browsers but due to it being upto date firefox, usually just requires un-installing and re-installing...
Tried it...

Giga6_zpsdlmwuksp.png

That's better. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Did do a test the other evening using the normal ookla speedtest.net site and got this though..

gigatest%205_zpsxfrf2f9d.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Turns out that this could be coming into my town soon I can register from the address for an order but orders in my town need to get to 100% before they do anything it seems.

But £74 a month for 1gb connection :eek:

Soldato
Your bandwidth is constrained by each end - your end sounds like its going to be great but you'll be limited to what you are connected to.

That said you would be able to open multiple streams at once

Soldato
OP
What Jim says...
Personally now I've had it a while, I think their 200Mb package would be more than enough until the rest of the web catches up.
Quite a lot of sites are still dog slow. The main benefit for me seems to be uploading large bandwidth stuff to places like FB and YT.. Those are blisteringly fast to the point of not even having to "wait" for it.

Associate
Fuzz: Those speedtest.net sites are normally swamped, even on a 10gbit link I didn't see anywhere near 10gbit. even 1gbit / sec down was about the best I saw

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
What Jim says...
Personally now I've had it a while, I think their 200Mb package would be more than enough until the rest of the web catches up.
Quite a lot of sites are still dog slow. The main benefit for me seems to be uploading large bandwidth stuff to places like FB and YT.. Those are blisteringly fast to the point of not even having to "wait" for it.

We have been flyered for it (although seemingly no progress beyond that :() and i must admit i would be tempted to do as you say. 200mbit symmetric is a huge upgrade from my current 80/20 FTTC and absolutely plenty faster than we need.

Soldato
Im in the fastershire area. Looks like all the cabinets have been upgraded locally unfortunately im on an exchange only line about 1.5 miles from the cabinet. Anyone have any idea on how to find out if and when they will be upgrading EO lines?

Back
Top Bottom