Final Fantasy 16

Soldato
Couldn’t connect to Diablo this morning so gave the demo a bash. Wow it is pretty epic to be fair. Tried both gfx modes and performance is where it’s at for me. I will be buying this very soon. I usually play these games in Japanese but the lip sync is in English and the acting is pretty decent for a change. Yeah very impressed with it. Quality.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm going to wait a few weeks before continuing and see if they do any patches for motion blur or performance. In Quality the motion blur is fine in cutscenes but in movement it's a smeary mess. Performance just dips below VRR too often and is really annoying.

Soldato
So....is there any way to stop the game from auto-using your R2 skills?
It's kinda annoying when they get used on an unnecessary enemy, also especially as doing an R2 skill can change your element too :(

Soldato
So....is there any way to stop the game from auto-using your R2 skills?
It's kinda annoying when they get used on an unnecessary enemy, also especially as doing an R2 skill can change your element too :(
Check your equipped rings. I think one of them will auto use your skills.

Soldato
It's "The Ring of Timely Strikes"
The description on the item could be better, but that's the one auto-using R2 attacks.

Now unequipped :D
Thought so. I had that equipped at the start too :D now I have the auto-Torgal and auto heal rings on only.

Managing Torgal mid battle is too much !

Associate
Must be getting old - I am finding the unrelenting pace of the action a bit much.

Would actually like a bit of quiet downtime in between slogging through the (admittedly epic) battles.

The approach seems to have been - why have 1 sub-boss when you can have two in a row followed by a big boss and then an Eikon battle thats after you have waded through several screens worth of cannon fodder first.

Soldato
Going to try the demo of this soon, is the consensus that the game is good?

I haven't really played much else in the FF universe but I understand the games aren't really connected.

Edit - played the demo think I'm sold on it, will pick it up!

Last edited:
Soldato
Think I’m quite far in now !

The story is great - hasn’t let up yet.

And I’m actually enjoying the side quests too. Won’t post any spoilers etc.

Although here’s a screenshot I took

IMG-0755.jpg

Caporegime
Big spoilers....

So FF16 is pretty much a video game version of GoT?!

I am so in lol, but will wait until it's price drop.

[/spolier]

Associate

I haven't really played much else in the FF universe but I understand the games aren't really connected.

Its basically an action rpg with the Final Fantasy logo stuck on the front and a few chocobos and moogles added to say its an FF game.

In all other respects it just isnt.

Caporegime

I was listening to Gamescoop this weekend and the reviewer on IGN who gave it 9/10 said that it's a bit like Devil May Cry this time round, it has the least RPG of all Final Fantasy. The RPG element is weak in this and one aspect to illustrate this is that there is not much item finding and everytime he went to a merchant he just gets the latest thing and put it on to use without really considering any thought.

After watching that video above, I am incline to think this is an Action RPG (more Action than RPG) with GoT storyline. I mean if you look at it that way, it sounds great!

Last edited:
Soldato
It is basically an action rpg game. In the same style of dmc and maybe even bayonetta. It also has a darker story - which turns out is great so far! I played most of Saturday and all of Sunday :D

I don’t really care for turn based combat anymore.. after playing this, honestly, it’ll be difficult to ever go back. I can see the appeal of turn based as it is much more chilled and relaxed etc.

Soldato
Definitely an action RPG. No bad thing in my opinion. The combat is fast and fun and the story, from what I played in the demo, is very good. Much improved over the mess that was XV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom