Final Fantasy 16

Soldato
Story is great, characters are likeable, almost all dialogue is spoken (and thank god no cringey anime grunts have been added like ffviiR..insufferable) the combat is tight, with a cool skill tree. The graphics are stunning honestly, even tho it does suffer some frame dips and bad motion blur. Edit. Oh and that soundtrack, is damn fantastic.

Last edited:
Soldato
Story is great, characters are likeable, almost all dialogue is spoken (and thank god no cringey anime grunts have been added like ffviiR..insufferable) the combat is tight, with a cool skill tree. The graphics are stunning honestly, even tho it does suffer some frame dips and bad motion blur. Edit. Oh and that soundtrack, is damn fantastic.

I was saying to my friend on WhatsApp that I usually play such games in Japanese audio with subs, but I tried the English version out and it seems to flow well, and fit in thematically.

I like how the characters don't sound like they're trying to voice anime characters, which is the biggest reason I don't ever watch dubbed anime, the VA's sound like they're trying to play a character, rather than act out a character properly.

Actually the English version surprised me with how good it was, and how seriously they were voicing the characters.

Looking forward to getting back into the game when I receive it tomorrow. I was always intending to check out more of the FF games as I've not really played any of them, so seemed like a good place to start.

Soldato
I was saying to my friend on WhatsApp that I usually play such games in Japanese audio with subs, but I tried the English version out and it seems to flow well, and fit in thematically.

I like how the characters don't sound like they're trying to voice anime characters, which is the biggest reason I don't ever watch dubbed anime, the VA's sound like they're trying to play a character, rather than act out a character properly.

Actually the English version surprised me with how good it was, and how seriously they were voicing the characters.

Looking forward to getting back into the game when I receive it tomorrow. I was always intending to check out more of the FF games as I've not really played any of them, so seemed like a good place to start.
I actually think I eventually dropped ff7r due to the gasps, groans and grunts. It’s just… eh.

The original is one of my goats. But I just couldn’t deal with the voice acting.

Soldato
I actually think I eventually dropped ff7r due to the gasps, groans and grunts. It’s just… eh.

The original is one of my goats. But I just couldn’t deal with the voice acting.

Yeah you're not wrong, and anime is the same for me, I think it's what the American VA's do with the dubs.

This cast sounds very British to me, and I think the game feels more authentic as a result, though I could also see a heavy French/German accent working well as the setting feels very central Europe.

This is pretty off-topic, but the anime for Princess Principal which is set in England used American VA's putting on English accents, and it's just no! lol. See this for what I mean:

Caporegime
Yeah you're not wrong, and anime is the same for me, I think it's what the American VA's do with the dubs.

This cast sounds very British to me, and I think the game feels more authentic as a result, though I could also see a heavy French/German accent working well as the setting feels very central Europe.

This is pretty off-topic, but the anime for Princess Principal which is set in England used American VA's putting on English accents, and it's just no! lol. See this for what I mean:

I think it’s because the game takes lots of cues from Game of Thrones which also has a lot of British influences. So in a way it’s like set in a mythical British empire in an alternate universe.

Soldato
Holy moly

wow the fight of ifrit vs titan was stupendous. Seriously, what a freaking spectacle. The music too, wow !

Associate
I ran into my 1st major challenge today with the first S tier hunt. I've decided to wait until I've levelled/geared up to come back to it after wasting a bunch of gill on elixirs and potions.

Soldato
Enjoying it a lot now that I've got the full game. Only complaint might be that the quality of the voice acting quality is a bit inconsistent? Cid is massively overshadowing everyone including Clive.

Soldato
Enjoying it a lot now that I've got the full game. Only complaint might be that the quality of the voice acting quality is a bit inconsistent? Cid is massively overshadowing everyone including Clive.
Cid is fantastic. :) I thought all the voice acting was good to strong tbh

Associate
Back playing this after a spell with D4. Sadly, though, the initial "wow factor" has faded and I'm finding the game rather shallow and predictable. Not enjoying the combat ; it's flashy, bit of a button-masher, repetitive and easy ( if you die during an encounter you'll get resurrected with full potions/health ). This DMC style combat just doesn't feel a good fit for the mainline FF franchise. And don't get me started on the RPG elements which are non-existent.

Back
Top Bottom