Final Fantasy VII REBIRTH (Remake Part 2)

Soldato
Fort condor, level 4, that was a pain!

Start with a elite enforcer on the right and an elite vanguard on the left, then a cleric followed by loads of trebuchets in the middle, spawn clerics to heal and enforcers to protect, once the dragon appears use an elite ranger and carry on spamming trebuchets, then send cloud in to finish everything off
Trying to get the protorelic in the junon area, has made me hate the for condor mini game :cry:

Associate
Trying to get the protorelic in the junon area, has made me hate the for condor mini game :cry:
I cruised past the initial levels and ran into this weird difficulty spike too. Can't remember what I ended up doing differently but I won the war of attrition (and wasted half an hour!).

Soldato
Fort Condor 4 method spoiler

Run with the one that lets you put down infinite ballistas and Cloud + Barret as hero units

Right side: Aim to stack 2/3 Ballistas behind shield units. Deploy shield units ahead of ballistas.

Left side: Just put enough units down to hold it a bit, usually 2-3 ranged ones will do, time permitting as you can't do all of this instantly.

Keep deploying enough shield + ranged units so that you can deploy Cloud + Barret at the same time. Ideally pop them both at once right in front of final enemy base, and then deploy both clerics behind them, they should take care of everything and zerg the base down pretty quick.

Soldato
Change game to easy mode and fort condor difficulty goes down, works for hard mode as well.

I managed the normal modes, but hard was too frustrating so dropped to easy.

I'm just playing on normal and trying to not touch the difficulty. I don't have hard mode available as a difficulty option (though I saw that you do unlock hard mode for Fort Condor after you beat it on normal).

I like a challenge sometimes so won't just default to adjusting it unless it's really taking too much of my time to do :)

Associate
Just beat chapter 8. I am finding it's sometimes padded out with tedious minigames (Segways anyone?), but overall I'm enjoying it. The increase in fidelity across the board (graphics, music) does definitely help with the more emotional parts. God help me when I get even further. Red XIII was always one of my favourite characters. I'm really looking forward to his part.

CHAPTER 8 SPOILER
The whole Dyne flashback/downfall was pretty sad coupled with the music they added.

Soldato
I actually quite like the mini-games, sure they don't push the story along but they're little fun distractions. Fine by me :)

I like some more than others though. The Rocket League-esque one was pretty fun for example.

Soldato
Got to Junon but realised I'm probably at least 5 levels under where I should... so currently doing more of the open world quests to get it up a bit.
Its absolutely miles ahead of the first game so far, the story is more alive, combat is a better more complex affair, the team abilities are awesome, and the open zones are cool to explore too.

Soldato
The chocobos having different abilities as you travel through the zones is a nice touch.

Junon is spectacular, the first time you see the city with that big ass gun and the Highwind hovering above it is amazing.

SHARE_20240305_0514070.jpg

Really brought back memories of being a teenager and being wowed by the original.

The old school chibi models when you're playing Fort Condor made me smile too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does the game cover up to City of Ancients, i forgot the timeline. That music in the OG was probably my favourite, it was the first time I probably felt emotions through music, it was haunting and made me feel very uneasy.
It is played briefly in the part 1 OST 'Seven seconds till the end'

Soldato
Have played the demo, it's fun but the visuals are disappointing compared to part 1.

Looks rather blurry and the lighting and assets are often off but I'll still take that over 30fps so not the end of the world.

Will wait for a while and grab a used copy, hopefully they'll have patched up the upscaling in perf mode by then.

Last edited:
Soldato
I played remake in 60fps but rebirth in 30fps. I noted DF said 60fps was blurry as anything and didn't wanna mess with that. Yeh 30fps not great but you get used to it.

Visually though it's way ahead of remake in detail and fidelity (in 30fps mode anyway)

Soldato
I played remake in 60fps but rebirth in 30fps. I noted DF said 60fps was blurry as anything and didn't wanna mess with that. Yeh 30fps not great but you get used to it.

Visually though it's way ahead of remake in detail and fidelity (in 30fps mode anyway)

Yeah, the soft look is specifically what irks me about perf mode but I don't want to play at 30fps in 2024.

That's why I said Remake looks better, it's just way sharper and more consistent at 60fps. Rebirth is probably too big to maintain the same target when it comes to assets and res.

Wish there was a 40fps vrr mode but what can you do.

They said the upscalling would be addressed in a patch so hopefully it'll look better at some point.

Associate
I actually quite like the mini-games, sure they don't push the story along but they're little fun distractions. Fine by me :)

I like some more than others though. The Rocket League-esque one was pretty fun for example.
Minigames in games are like sex scenes in films completely pointless and add nothing to the plot.

Associate
Yeah, the soft look is specifically what irks me about perf mode but I don't want to play at 30fps in 2024.

That's why I said Remake looks better, it's just way sharper and more consistent at 60fps. Rebirth is probably too big to maintain the same target when it comes to assets and res.

Wish there was a 40fps vrr mode but what can you do.

They said the upscalling would be addressed in a patch so hopefully it'll look better at some point.
30 fps in alright for the Last of us or god of war but for a fast paced RPG it definitely feels sluggish when it comes out on the PC 4k native 120 frames a second will be like night and day.

Back
Top Bottom