Fixed penalty and 3 points for snow on roof?

Soldato
Bit of snow on the roof is the least of my worries, so many knuckle draggers about it makes driving in this weather a nightmare, just this morning somebody pulled out on me in way that would be dangerous on a hot day never mind in this weather, idiots

Soldato
Iirc, in one of the Scandinavian countries, it's illegal to drive your car with more than x" of snow on it.

It takes less than a minute to get the snow of your roof, so I don't see why people don't?

It is quite difficult and risk damaging paint work if it has frozen over (like it had done for me today). I removed snow from my soft top and the vents.

Soldato
not seen a single copper on the road since weve had all the snow.

not been able to get on boost for two days now so lots of snow on my roof. last year with the S4 was different though

Soldato
Tbh, I don't do things I know that will damage my car, even though it may come at the cost of ''road safety'' ( come on you live in the UK, not ****ing siberia or the alps, are you really trying to say you get over 30 inches of snow ?).

Do what you like, in the UK you're liable for any incident you cause due to your negligence, like I said it's driving without due care and attention. or driving without consideration for other road users, they're fairly ambiguous offenses that can be used to cover the majority of stupid things people do.

Where on earth did I say we get over 30 inches of snow? :confused:

Bar

Bar

Soldato
I suppose it depends on how much snow you have - around here I have seen cars driving with 12" of snow on the roof. When you take the surface area of the roof and the potential of that snow coming off in one go - that surely poses a risk.

Soldato
I'm guilty of this. Nothing gets cleared on my car apart from the windows and the lights if they haven't burnt through the snow in the time it takes me to clear everything else.

Never had a problem with it crashing down over the screen but then when it is icy I brake like their is an egg between my foot and the brake pedal :p GF braked hard at a roundabout and had a roof full of snow cover the screen. She then put the wipers on which stalled instantly and blew the fuse!

I guess clearing it yourself beats having the local oikes scraping it off to make snow balls.

Soldato
This all kicked off at work today - was fairly amusing. Email went out to all staff warning them of policing 3 pointing them, second email came out saying this is false, third email came out from director saying it is an offence as it can be dangerous.

It does irritante me, but I can't honestly see a copper doing you for it unless it was a ridiculous Snow-Fro.

Soldato
You do all realise that it is very dangerous to drive with snow on the roof of your car. I have seen people up here with half a foot of snow on the roof of their cars. It is dangerous if it comes down. It might obscure your vision, or someone else's.

At the end of the day, they can fine you if they want, as it should come under Driving without due care and attention.

As for snowdog's comments, I'm glad I don't live near you mate. Really, you are being completely ignorant.

Man of Honour
Actually, I lied just to spice up the thread. ;) ( awaits flaming )

No truth in it at all folks. You could get an FPN for lights not being visible but not for a roof although you could get pulled over and words of advice given.

Clearly it is wise to brush snow from the roof though as if you braks and a slab of snow covers the windscreen, it may be too much for wipers to handle.

DM

DM

Permabanned

No truth in it at all folks. You could get an FPN for lights not being visible but not for a roof although you could get pulled over and words of advice given.

Clearly it is wise to brush snow from the roof though as if you braks and a slab of snow covers the windscreen, it may be too much for wipers to handle.

****er :D

Man of Honour
**** ******** ***** ********** ******* **** *********** ***** **** **** ******** ***** ********** ******* **** *********** ***** ******** ******** ***** ********** ******* **** *********** ***** ******** ******** ***** ********** ******* **** *********** ***** ******** ******** ***** ********** ******* **** *********** ***** ******** ******** ***** ********** ******* **** *********** ***** ******** ******** ***** ********** ******* **** *********** ***** ******** ******** ***** ********** ******* **** *********** ***** ******** ******** ***** ********** ******* **** *********** ***** ****

:mad: :p

Associate
I don't purposely leave it on for the sake of this...but I think it's quite cool seeing snow explode off the top of your car once you get upto speed, obviously whilst making poor explosion sound effects whilst it happens

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Indeed, the police plan on clamping down on people not cleaning snow off the car.

Looks like the LOLZ are on you.

REVERSAL!

Soldato
Quite frankly I find that retarded. No easier way to clear snow off the roof than to stamp the brake for a sec, removing the snow manually means extreme high risk of creating swirls or even deeper scratches like those morons who use a brush for that.

:rolleyes:
Your method of clearing the snow (whilst it can work) is ridiculous, the fact you care more for the paint on that shed you call a car, than the hazard you are creating on the road, is laughable.

So many morons on the road just now, driving about with 4/5 inches of snow/compacted ice on the roofs of their cars. The way I look at it, these are probably the kind of idiots who cause accidents in winter due to utter incompetence.
If you can't even be bothered to clear your roof of snow, can you please either a) get a bus/walk or b) slit your throat.

Sick of having to keep a comedy distance between cars to stay out of the snow drift they are creating. Even sicker of having to avoid sheets of ice that slide off cars once they are up to NSL speeds...

People should get penalty points and fines for this, it might stop them being lazy fools without a care for any other road user.

[/lengthy rant]

As for snowdog's comments, I'm glad I don't live near you mate. Really, you are being completely ignorant.

I would agree with this normally, but today it deserves to be highlighted again. Just for being absolute undeniable truth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom