Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Soldato
OP
this game really is very strange regarding how it performs.

I can load the game up and have 60fps-80fps, play for an entire evening, go to the forests, outback, races, even the race intro screens where you see the cars line up for the race it stays above 60fps. Yet the next time I load the game, in the same areas my frames will be between 30fps and 50fps, in exactly the same spots in the world as before, and the race intro and outro screens with the cars will now be a stuttery mess around 25fps. I can then try and restart the game a few times, when I load into the game in the Exhibition place it'll load in at under 40fps for 3 or 4 tries, then all of a sudden I'll see 80fps and then proceed to play for the next 3 or 4 hours with frames never dropping below 60fps.

I really don't understand what's happening with the game, it's amazing how the game plays massively differently depending if you get a lucky load in or not. I look at the CPU usage and none of my cores ever go above 50%, it just seems the game is so random regarding the performance.

It's a shame though, the game is a lot of fun underneath the glaring issues.

Decided doing some unorthodox racing in the heavies this evening with Hotdog, so much fun racing in different vehicles.

Soldato
OP
Don't forget guys, send me a friend request if you want in the club and I'll send out an invite.

Current club members

Ap0C666
Frubesta
FredFlintGTA
DPARKY01
Uncle Gravy
GeoffTittle
JOSH86UK
Hotdog2021
Jake PNEFC
Messiah Complex
Squinoogle
Wardies weapon
cgWestie (youtube westie zomg ;))

These are xbl GT. Forza servers are a bit slow today, I've sent out a few more invites but they aren't showing in club yer.

Soldato
OP
whats with the 390 being so far behind on this title vs 480 ?

thought it was about as quick in most titles ? if not sometimes slightly quicker ?

No idea, weird thing is though and this is gospel truth, I get more frames than digital foundry in that video and a far nicer experience on my 390 plus I'm at 1440p where he is at 1080p testing. Maybe the game performs better at higher resolutions.

Soldato
OP
You guys that want invites to club, can you send me a friend request and a message on Xbox app, makes it easier for me to keep up with who I've invited. Invites to club will be there tomorrow guys.

On a side note, I cruise a lot.....470/488 roads discovered :) game is great, love the dirt racing way more than road racing.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Right, got into the meat of the game now, settings:

Frame Rate: 48fps capped. (works wonders, 72+ was too "jumpy")
Vsync: On (I have a Gsync monitor, but Nvidia Control Panel, no idea if it works on "global" for this game? or Geforce Experience?

Motion Blur: On
Frame Smoothing: Off
Dynamic Optimization: Off
----------------------------------------------

Advanced Options

Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
Everything High between here.
MSAA:2X
FXAA: Off
Everything Ultra here and below.

pretty much constant 48fps at 1440p.

Hope that helps.

It's funny you should post this up......I've done exactly this myself before I saw your post, i wanted to try something
Different. Seeing as I have a freesync screen thought having this locked at a particular rate would be better than having it uncapped until we get some proper fixes done. I'm running high on everything, ultra car detail with 2xmsaa but with frame smoothing on. Gotta say the experience is smoother now, freesync definitely helping make it feel a lot faster than 48fps. I don't get any dips at all, the only place it plummets is surfers paradise.

Soldato
OP
found them guys, I knew it had to be one of the small trail areas, but trying to find a single tiny little grey line is so hard. Happens that they were both in totally different places as well. Oh well, got them now.

thx anyways. Can enjoy it again now. There must be tons of boards hidden though, all roads discovered and im short on 40 odd boards.

Back
Top Bottom