Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Associate
Anyone with an Fanatec wheel tried FH3 since the update? I wanna pick it up but after testing Apex (which also got Fanatec support today) my H shifter doesn't work correctly. All the gears are 1 off (1st is reverse, 2nd is 1st, 3rd is 2nd, so on) I've tried re-calibrating it but no change and the game has no settings at all for shifters to attempt a fix. So frustrating that it's so incredibly close to working perfectly :(

Associate
My Mrs purchased this and downloaded overnight. However it just hangs on the splash screen and I can't seem to get it to come to life. Running Windows Defender not Avast, NVidia driver 370.54. Any suggestions?

Associate
From the official forza support forum

If you are experiencing crashing to desktop issues with Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10, can we ask that you please read the the below information and current workarounds whilst we continue to investigate the issue:

Conflict with AV software causing the game not to progress past the Playground logo. Please try disabling or uninstalling your AV software.

Some players are experiencing issues when running the game with a microphone enabled. This issue is being investigated. In the meantime disabling microphones for Forza Horizon 3 in Privacy Settings should in some cases allow the title to boot.

Some players have reported that the title will not boot when the Windows automatic update service is disabled. Enabling the automatic update service will resolve this issue.

Players experiencing a crash on boot when running laptop machines with an integrated graphics chip should make sure that their dedicated video card is selected as the primary display device.

Some players have reported issues when running InputMapper. Running it in exclusive mode appears to fix the issues.

Players using Intel Kentsfield Core 2 Quad processors may experience the title closing immediately on boot. These processors fall below the minimum spec and are not officially supported. There are no known workarounds at this point.

Players may find the game will not boot on single or dual core machines. These CPUs fall below minimum spec and are not supported.

Associate
Thanks sgavan, I've ruled out each of the issues above. I've also tried reinstalling via powershell with no joy. I've now uninstalled and will re-download and try again - shame it'll take 4 hours to even reach that point.

I was very sceptical about buying a Windows store game, but this looked too good a game to miss.

Soldato
I have really hammered this game the past week.

So far completed all bonus boards, barn finds and completed all exhibitions, should get all championships done today along with maybe the bucket list stuff.

Hopefully some people are free for an online session later, not gone online yet.

Soldato
Dont know why Im having trouble even finding a link to buy this for the pc.

Either comes up with one for xbox disc to be shipped or a digital version in dollars which cant see the £50 in my account.

Anyone got a direct link please?

Is windows 10 a requirement?

Associate
Dont know why Im having trouble even finding a link to buy this for the pc.

Either comes up with one for xbox disc to be shipped or a digital version in dollars which cant see the £50 in my account.

Anyone got a direct link please?

Is windows 10 a requirement?

Windows 10 anniversary edition is what you need mate.Version 1607.

Soldato
I've got it running on both XBOX One and PC atm (overclocked 290 + overclocked 3770k)

think preferring it on Xbox One atm - even though @ 30 - its smoooooth - no frame drops

on PC it almost looks "over-sharp"

Soldato
Well, i'm having mixed opinions about this at the moment, I can tell there is a great game there underneath the buggy mess, downloaded it over night on the PC, applyed the suggested CPU "fix", and followed the numerous guides to get it running problem free(AV, Drivers, etc), looks great and its reporting on FPS meter that i'm getting acceptable FPS in Med/High settings, however it still feels like intermittent bullet time/rubberbanding, and it just makes controlling the car a chore, to add on to that i've had numerous CTD's.
Quite disappointing for a title of this caliber to be such a mess, but sadly not unexpected...
However i'm currently downloading on the XBOne(How ******* SLOOOOOWWWW), dont think i'll be touching it again on PC until these problems are confirmed fixed.

Associate
Further to my previous post re-downloading and reinstalling has allowed the game to launch. Thank goodness my broadband is unmetered.

Soldato
Absolutely nothing wrong with using a FFB wheel with FH3. Agreed that its very arcade and can be enjoyed on pad and wheel.

Additional : Moved FH3 to one of my SSD drives. Hardly make any difference to loading but I had to try.

Soldato
Well, i'm having mixed opinions about this at the moment, I can tell there is a great game there underneath the buggy mess, downloaded it over night on the PC, applyed the suggested CPU "fix", and followed the numerous guides to get it running problem free(AV, Drivers, etc), looks great and its reporting on FPS meter that i'm getting acceptable FPS in Med/High settings, however it still feels like intermittent bullet time/rubberbanding, and it just makes controlling the car a chore, to add on to that i've had numerous CTD's.
Quite disappointing for a title of this caliber to be such a mess, but sadly not unexpected...
However i'm currently downloading on the XBOne(How ******* SLOOOOOWWWW), dont think i'll be touching it again on PC until these problems are confirmed fixed.

Games on Windows store are usually a bloody overpriced mess for some reason. I was waiting for this game but I'm afraid to pull the trigger due to the problems many people report. Shame on them, they've set up their milking plan perfectly with the preposterous pricing, VIP, car passes, multiple editions etc. but somehow haven't put nearly as much thought into the technical side of things.

Can anyone confirm that it at least runs on par with the XBone version when locked to 30fps? If that's the case, I might risk it and get used to the framerate.

Back
Top Bottom