Fractal North, case of the year contender

Soldato
The North finally exists in the UK! Arrives tomorrow. Straight up in stock for next day delivery in a few locations :D

Man, I waited so long for this that my plans for a 7700X turned into a 7800X3D and now I'm just hesitating to be sure there will be a warranty after turning EXPO on :cry: (It looks like it's sorted now tbf.)

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone running the North glass panel version with 7900xtx?

I'm having pretty bad overheating issues.

If someone wants window I'd happy swap for a mesh! I got too many watts to cool

Last edited:
Soldato
They exist in stores! And at a normal price. Geez, I was so close to buying a 2nd-choice over the last few weeks, but glad I held out for the full 6 months it's taken :D

I've gone from grudgingly accepting that I need to update my PC to being excited to get on and do it. Looking forward to making my desk space look more grown up and professional and less like a spoiled teenager's second bedroom - and also wondering why there are no other cases with this kind of design. Give us more living-room PC cases please!

IMG_20230517_133000.jpg

Now I just need to actually pick a motherboard/cpu and get them ordered :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
They exist in stores! And at a normal price. Geez, I was so close to buying a 2nd-choice over the last few weeks, but glad I held out for the full 6 months it's taken :D

I've gone from grudgingly accepting that I need to update my PC to being excited to get on and do it. Looking forward to making my desk space look more grown up and professional and less like a spoiled teenager's second bedroom - and also wondering why there are no other cases with this kind of design. Give us more living-room PC cases please!

IMG_20230517_133000.jpg

Now I just need to actually pick a motherboard/cpu and get them ordered :cry:
Very nice looking case. I would be tempted if they'd take a 360mm AIO in the top. Hopefully they might make a slightly larger one at some point. Which CPU and motherboard are you after?

Soldato
Which XTX is it mate?

Sapphire Nitro+

Tried running with side off today and seeing the temps drop 20c or so during same test. So leaning towards my crashes maybe being thermal related now - Need to test over weekend.

@eddiew nice you're a better man than me! I had all my components coming and wanted the case so got it shipped from states, I won't talk about the price I paid for the privilege... :D

Last edited:
Associate
When using the TUF 4080 temperature was fine with TG, but not great, not too bad. The issue is the T30 at the front are against the filter. The H7 runs much cooler. Using the H9 now, as the Evo, after all required bits is too expensive for what it is.

Associate
This doesn't bode well for me,
I added something to my order which is still pre order so waiting for at least that and the case doesn't show in stock on OC so worried I'm at the bottom of the list and missed this lot of allocations

Soldato
Which CPU and motherboard are you after?

Took delivery of a 7800X3D and Asus X670E-A yesterday :)

Not built it yet, but I hope the silvery motherboard, white memory and white peerless assassin cooler will work. There's a smidge of RGB but hopefully it won't be overpowering - and if it is, I shall turn it off :cry:

Soldato
Took delivery of a 7800X3D and Asus X670E-A yesterday :)

Not built it yet, but I hope the silvery motherboard, white memory and white peerless assassin cooler will work. There's a smidge of RGB but hopefully it won't be overpowering - and if it is, I shall turn it off :cry:
Should look nice, we need pictures of course ;) I've got to test my new build tomorrow, been sat there for a week as I've not had time.

Soldato
IMG_20230525_180628.jpg

Surprisingly tidy cabling so far. Do like the CPU cable hole. Though there is no way to fit the second HDD bay with a modular PSU... Doesn't matter to me but seems a bit questionable.

First time literally ever doing a build with no recycled parts needed to get going. It's nice having time to plan and understand and not rush because I have no working pc until it's done!

Tomorrow I will be brave and flash the BIOS. Then fit the CPU. Another first!

Edit: not a fan of the white plastic pcie ejector shroud. Why not be silver? Oh well.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone heard anything about shipments for TG? I was told expected end of month, sent a note today and no reply which was unusual as normally they seem to respond quite quickly.
Worried that they haven't come or I'm at the back of the list.

Back to work next week so was hoping to have built it and set it all up by tomorrow :(

Soldato
I'm joining the North club. Still undecided on mobo and CPU. Intel seems to run hotter and won't have the longevity of AMD. On the flip side you seem to get more for your money with Intel motherboards (love the ones with 5 nvme slots and no compromises if fully populated).

Decisions!

Back
Top Bottom