Frankly obscene Ring 42.8% subscription increase

Man of Honour
How quick is the G4 between the button being pressed and the notification coming up on your phone? It was much slower than Ring when it first came out, but I'm aware the software has evolved since then.
I've never measured it, never seen the need to. I don't have any issues with delayed notifications.

Associate
Well my Ring chime has died. Won't connect or re setup.
Loathed to give them more cash so I've made a list from this thread and looked at prices.

Unifi protect ££
Blink £42 on sale with module
Relink no battery only option
Eufy £85 on sale
Tp link tapo £100

Because I am tight. I am leaning towards the blink. £30 for a chime or £42 for the blink with module.

Any obvious reason not to do this?
I have a spare SD card.

I should probably get proper security at some point. But as I'm not good with heights... I use a Neon smartcam internally looking out over as the ring doesn't see the left of my drive (due to wall and bay window)

Associate
Yep aware it's also Amazon, the hub with storage seemed best.I did have an ezviz which set up fine on android but was a faf on the Mrs phone.

Unfortunately Ring is easier. Until something breaks or price goes up.

Mrs was asking why I was stood outside staring at the house this am. I was regretting when the garage had no ceiling (due to asbestos removal) I could have easily ran ethernet along and down and out as I have a point in garage. Poe seems nice. Nevermind.

Man of Honour
I've found the blink local storage to be crap it caught maybe 25% of the events it should have, switched back to the paid sub and it was magically absolutely fine again

Soldato
I've found the blink local storage to be crap it caught maybe 25% of the events it should have, switched back to the paid sub and it was magically absolutely fine again

Not had issues here, but I only have the camera and flood light combo out back, so isn’t constantly capturing movement.

Though I use an Amazon basics usb stick, perhaps that’s why :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom