• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gainward bring you a 512MB 7800 GT for AGP!!!!

Soldato
sorry to drag this one out again, but that review link posted is for the 7800 GS (20pipe version) not the 7800 GS+ (24 pipe) version of this card.

My specs were asked for and here the are,

DFI N3 250GB w/ 3200 clawhammer running at 2350.
Galaxy glacier 6800 12x6 at 380core 825mem

I'm still procrastinating over whether to stay AGP for another year with one of these or take advantage of the cheap 939 offers around and put the best part of £500 down on new mb, chip and x1900xt card.

any thoughts?

Soldato
ajgoodfellow said:
I'd personally get a Socket 754 PCI-E board and a 256MB X1800XT

that would be about a £215 (new prices on here) for a similar performance to a 7800gs agp, but still open up pcie for me, hmmm I'm always bad when confronted with so much choice :(

And staying AGP will mean no system build for me... I'm not sure I fancy a system build at the moment

Last edited:
Associate
I didnt fancy a system build either, which is why I plumped for this GS+ card, even though they fetch a premium, as others are probably in the same dileema as I am, ones who have quite a decent rig but dont want to go all out just for PCI-e before they absolutly have to.

Maybe 6 months or so after the release of Vista, just sit back and wait until they sort out all the issues and initial bugs that always tend to happen. That is when things will really start to hot up with all new technlology to expose

Soldato
if you know what your doing and can be bothered with the hassle then a pci-e mobo and an x1800xt is the way to go.

If your knowledge if fairly n00bish then dont and upgrade your agp card and maybe upgrade your full system after vista.

Btw upgrading pc components from Mobo's to Sound cards just couldn't be easier these days so its worth and attempt or watch somone who knows what their doing do it for ya!

Associate
bitslice said:
I think this is similar to
"A_Darkfire" 3dmark06 of 3437
although I'm unsure which card he's got ?
Abit-NF7 v2.0 skt A (5.5 x 400)
AMD Barton XP 3200+
2 x 512 MB PC3200
Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512Mb

I have the normal 7800 GS...not the plus sort.

One question though...anyone running a Dell 2407 off one of these (GS or GS+)?

Associate
Hi guys,
Does anybody know if this card would run ok on my shuttle SN85G4 V1
I have a X800pro in there at the moment which does me fine but have purchased a 20" widescreen and am now playing games with a higher res than I was before so this may be a option to get a bit more juice from my system???

Thanks for any info that you can give :)

Soldato
ive got in my shuttle ss75g2 but i have the 300 silent psu shuttle released a while back. one thing tho you will need tio snip the back plate as its for 2 slots and you need to dremel in half to get it to fit

Permabanned
aztechnology said:
I'm still procrastinating over whether to stay AGP for another year with one of these or take advantage of the cheap 939 offers around

Since I bought my GS+, conroe has come out, but the GS+ has come down a bit.
There are motherboards which support conroe and agp, so there is still an upgrade path of sorts. I got one because I know I'm only playing AoE3 for a long while.

I think for most people it would better to save for vista/dx10/conroe.

hth

Associate
Hello

I have been out of the OC game for a year now.. I have an old 2.4 P4 running at 250Mhz bus 1:1 and an old 128MB 660GT running 590/1100.. It can just about run the games I want but I'm getting a bit sick of the fps and lack of eye candy now!

I have just brought the 512 GS+ as I have (no HAD!!) £200 quid spare and it was on offer..

I am hoping that this card will allow me to run my setup for another year.

My system has Watercooling on the CPU and GPU.

Has anyone got one of these cards on Water yet and how does it perform???? Or should I leave the stock cooler on?? (it will be on stock for a month just to make sure the card is ok before I invalidate my warranty ;) )

ALSO I am assuming most people have problems with these cards due to PSU (I have a 480W hoping that will be OK)??

Associate
Thanks for the welcome ajgoodfellow... :)

I have been reading the forums here a while now.

Can't wait to see this card in now, I am hoping I'll see a big difference with this over my OLD 6600GT. Well enuogh to keep me going for a year antway.

Then it's a Whole new system for me after that.

Just need to setup my old rig with a re-build of windows and fresh drivers so I can see what benchmarks I get before and after ;)

Back
Top Bottom