• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gainward bring you a 512MB 7800 GT for AGP!!!!

Soldato
Geforce 7800GS+ 512 AGP (1600x1200 32bit standard options)

GT1 - Wings of Fury 284.5 fps
GT2 - Battle of Proxycon 78.3 fps
GT3 - Troll's Lair 69.7 fps
GT4 - Mother Nature 71.8 fps
Vertex Shader 41.4 fps
Pixel Shader 2.0 239.7 fps
Ragtroll 53.3 fps

Further test's using the Gainward Geforce 7800GS+ 512 AGP:

'3Dmark05' standard settings 1024x768 32bit rez Score: 7505
'Counterstrike' stress test 1600x1200 with max gfx options: 82.4fps
'Fear' stress test 1600x1200 with max detail possible: Average fps = 39fps

More info at this thread > Clicky

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all, 1st post and all that...

Have a P4 3.2 S478 and ordered one of these cards last week - soon to be received. Upgrading from an X800XL - I was considering going the whole hog and building a conroe based system but next year looks a better time to change with DX10 and Vista. This article swung me in favour of just upgrading the card:
x-bit labs article on CPU vs GPU in game performance.

and it is priced very well this weekend on the internet....

Soldato
im damn glad nvidia built protection into this gfx card, about 2 days ago i decided to remove the lid from my shuttle xpc soon after up popped a nvidia warning about the driver underclocking my card to protect it. i ignored the warning as i was busy and today when i sat down to play some bf2 and quake 4 rocket aerna i was getting crap 15fps so i peeked into the shuttle and saw the power connectior had discconected! not sure how i manged it but atleast my card is still working as it should

Associate
Frank Grimes said:
Hi all, 1st post and all that...

Have a P4 3.2 S478 and ordered one of these cards last week - soon to be received. Upgrading from an X800XL - I was considering going the whole hog and building a conroe based system but next year looks a better time to change with DX10 and Vista. This article swung me in favour of just upgrading the card:
x-bit labs article on CPU vs GPU in game performance.

and it is priced very well this weekend on the internet....

Dude we have the same specs (sort of). However i am upgrading from a 6200 XFX. Let me know how this card goes. I could end up getting one myself. Also waiting for DX10 and vista next year b4 i do a full upgrade.

Associate
i just got the 7800gs+ for £230, i just got a text message saying they've knocked the postage off as well. woohoo.

cant wait.

right now i've got a ati 9800 pro, is there a way to get rid of everything ati i.e drivers and stuff, in a safe way. i dont want any conflicts of any kind when i install the thing with new nvidia drivers.

Soldato
After uninstalling your drivers using the Add/Remove Programs utility, reboot your PC into Safe Mode and use Driver Cleaner to get rid of the last vestiges of your ATI drivers.

You can then remove your old card, install your new card and install the nVidia drivers

Associate
What is the best voltage in the BIOS to use for this? I have a ABIT IC-7 Max 3 mobo if that at all helps.

Also, to o/c this to its maximum potential, whats the best program to use? I see Gainward has its own program (that only goes a certain way), Rivatuner and CoolBits 2.0.

Do let me know if there are any other programs that people think work the best for this card.

Associate
Iceberg2 said:
Dude we have the same specs (sort of). However i am upgrading from a 6200 XFX. Let me know how this card goes. I could end up getting one myself. Also waiting for DX10 and vista next year b4 i do a full upgrade.

Have a Northwood P4 3.2 OC'd @ 3.5 FSB@250, 2 x 512MB PC4000 mem dual channel.

With the X800XL
FEAR, 1280 x 960.
Everything MAX, Soft Shadows OFF. AA 4x and AF 4x Using the test settings movie:
Framerate:
Min: 16
Avg 28
Max 59
% Framerate below:
25 fps: 51%
25 - 40 fps:31%
above 40 fps: 18%

Same settings with 7800gs+
Framerate:
Min: 25
Avg 46
Max 108
% Framerate below:
25 fps: 0%
25 - 40 fps:49%
above 40 fps: 51%

Haven't tested Oblivion yet.

Associate
I do wonder if my card is not working to its full potential, as when im using Cool Bits 2.0, I use "detect optimal settings" and it starts for a few seconds, then black screen then back to normal screen and the "please wait" bar disappears and nothing appears to change. None of the 3D Mark tests work either as after the loading screen goes, its just a black screen, and the only way to get back is by switching off then on again.

Makes me wonder what will work with this, as it does go pixellated at some images, and takes me refreshing the screen to make it all go normal, but after going down the screen and back up to the same image, it goes pixellated again. OcUK checked it previously and said it was ok, so maybe it is just my machine or something?

Back
Top Bottom