Games you're playing, and games...

Associate
Started playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3. The first two were good, this one’s been a bit slow getting going but apparently it picks up around chapter 3 so will keep going for now

Soldato
Currently playing the demo of unicorn overlord. Quite enjoying it. It may be a purchase. My only complaint is the timer during battles but that’s more of a me issue.

Soldato
Currently playing the demo of unicorn overlord. Quite enjoying it. It may be a purchase. My only complaint is the timer during battles but that’s more of a me issue.

It's very cool honestly! the game introduces the systems slowly but it's worth getting sort of familiar with some of the basic tactics you can set after you start reaching level 10 or so at least when new abilities start to come in.

I highly recommend going into the options and enabling both settings for "always run on overworld map" and "always pause at start of battle".

This lets you sort out which units to deploy without starting the timer.

Once the battles start, you can pause at any time and arrange movement orders etc.

If you like a bit of a challenge then I'd also suggest playing on expert when it lets you pick, if you're not that familiar with strategy games then stick with normal, but expert felt like a good challenge without being punishing.

Soldato
It's very cool honestly! the game introduces the systems slowly but it's worth getting sort of familiar with some of the basic tactics you can set after you start reaching level 10 or so at least when new abilities start to come in.

I highly recommend going into the options and enabling both settings for "always run on overworld map" and "always pause at start of battle".

This lets you sort out which units to deploy without starting the timer.

Once the battles start, you can pause at any time and arrange movement orders etc.

If you like a bit of a challenge then I'd also suggest playing on expert when it lets you pick, if you're not that familiar with strategy games then stick with normal, but expert felt like a good challenge without being punishing.
Thank you for the tips. I’ve enabled both of those before playing :D

I’m playing on the medium difficulty, and finding it a little easy, but the two dudes on horses literally crush any mob. Apart from thieves. So I may put it more difficult.
Just got to the angel and the church.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you for the tips. I’ve enabled both of those before playing :D

I’m playing on the medium difficulty, and finding it a little easy, but the two dudes on horses literally crush any mob. Apart from thieves. So I may put it more difficult.

Consider restarting if you buy full and going straight to expert!

Cavalry is OP early on but it does tail off, I'd say there is a rock/paper/scissors thing going on but there are at least 10-12 different class types, and some counter other types.

Josef (your level 20 guy) is also a clutch of sorts early game as well. I challenged myself not to use him at all early on, you can get by without him. Chuck Alain/Clive into one squad and Lex/Chloe into another. Alain/Clive is my main pushing squad usually and I try and gear them up to be my ace team. You could put his gear on Alain though if you wanted to :)

It's imo also worth trying to have squad leaders with different effects, for example if you have an archer as squad leader they can give ranged fire support in battles, and same for mages with magic fire support if nearby. Clerics do the same but post battle remote healing. Varied squad leaders lets you build squads to help counter things.

Associate
Battlefield Hardline single player. For a shortish game, I've been playing this on and off for months lol. It's picked up a bit towards the latter episodes and I'm enjoying it much more than the start of the game.

Associate
Battlefield Hardline single player.
I loved the TV show style whenever you retrurned to play this game "Previously on Hardline!" I'll never understand the hate this game got from people, I loved the whole copos and robbers vibe to it.

Currently been plyaing Sonic Generations via Xbox backwards compatibility, despite playing this at 1080 60fps at launch on PC it's nice to play it upscaled to 4k on the xbox :)
Great game only let down by the later Sonic 06 and Colours inspired stages in my opinion

Soldato
Rise of the Ronin - quick play of the tutorial stage, seems like it'll be quite entertaining. Visually though it looks a little rough around the edges, as if it's been in development since the PS4 lol.

Yeah the graphics aren't great, and the framerate has issues sometimes.

Still enjoying it, but can't help but feel I'm in a budget version of Ghost of Tsushima.

The combat is a lot more interesting though I think as the enemies are more varied in what they do, and the GoT combat was sort of basic by comparison.

Soldato
I kind of want to like survival games but always end up frustrated when, well, I don’t survive. And they never seem to have any kind of ending but that’s probably because I suck at them.

Soldato
Alternating between Tekken 8 and Rebirth.

Rebirth is massive, such a departure from Remake's more confined structure as expected, will probably end up being a bit too big for its own good but I'm enjoying it so far.

Soldato
Yeah the graphics aren't great, and the framerate has issues sometimes.

Still enjoying it, but can't help but feel I'm in a budget version of Ghost of Tsushima.

The combat is a lot more interesting though I think as the enemies are more varied in what they do, and the GoT combat was sort of basic by comparison.

Yeah, not played anymore myself but I've heard it feels a little uninspiring. I'll dive back in later today maybe. Too busy playing the damn Piano in FF7

Back
Top Bottom