Games you're playing, and games...

Caporegime
Started playing Ratchet & Clank (new version) on PS4 before I do Rift Apart on Steam. Such a fantastic game though, great fun with the weaponry and trying to find all the collectibles.

Reactions: VTR
Soldato
Tbh I felt it was just more of the same though graphically waay better. Still holds up as one of the most amazing games I’ve ever seen and the portal effect throughout is very cool. Decent enough games but not 9/10 ones for me. Though graphics wise RA is easily a 10/10.

Associate
Tbh I felt it was just more of the same though graphically waay better. Still holds up as one of the most amazing games I’ve ever seen and the portal effect throughout is very cool. Decent enough games but not 9/10 ones for me. Though graphics wise RA is easily a 10/10.
This. Both games follow a very similar formula, so if you like the 2016 game then you'll enjoy Rift Apart. Graphically excellent, but don't think it has much replay value ( it's quite easy to get 100% achievements on one playthrough ).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can I expand even further? Is there anyone here who has played all or most of the Ratchet & Clank games from PS2 onwards? I think nearly all of them are available on PS+ Cloud streaming so I'd be particularly interested in the Future series because I think that links to Rift Apart somehow? Or is it the Nexus one? I dunno.

• Ratchet & Clank – 2002
  • Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando – 2003
  • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal – 2004
  • Ratchet: Deadlocked – 2005
  • Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile – 2005
  • Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters – 2007
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction – 2007
  • Secret Agent Clank – 2008
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty – 2008
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time – 2009
  • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One – 2011
  • Ratchet & Clank Collection – 2012
  • Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault – 2012
  • Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus – 2013
  • Ratchet & Clank – 2016
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – 2021
Does anybody feel like quickly giving each of the games above a score out of 10?

Associate
Genuinely did not realise there had been that many Ratchet & Clank games...

I played the 2002 game as well as Going Commando. Then played the 2016 game and Rift Apart as well. They're honestly all good fun, they aren't games that I'm going to think long and hard about or have genuine shock moments or stories that I'm invested in - but they're so fun to play and Rift Apart was brilliant.

Caporegime
Gave Ratchet 2 a go but the control system is crap (weird buttons and backwards triggers thanks to the terrible DualShock 3) and the checkpoint system is doing my nut in. Everytime you die, you go back to your ship at the start of a level! So knocked that on the head.

Now trying Tools of Destruction which also has the same checkpoints. Not sure how long I'll stick with it. It might be better just watching someone else play it on YouTube.

Associate
Have placed Final Fantasy Rebirth on "parked" mode whilst I play Unicorn Overlord ... really fun strategy RPG, and a ton of content. Similar to the Fire Emblem games, this will take ~100 hrs for a comprehensive playthrough.

Soldato
I am currently playing through Demon Slayer -Kimetsu No Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles on PS5. If you are a fan of the Anime its great fun. It looks great but it comes down to a bit of exploring and then fight.. I believe it follows the show up to Mugen Train. I was after a refresher before the new season comes out so its been a nice little game to remind me of the characters and story.

Back
Top Bottom