• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Permabanned
Its amazing as i said this to Greg and you never once said anything about it rusty?

So Greg wasnt wrong but this guy is? Im not trying to be a dick but please be consistent not just pick people to shoot down.

I've said what kaaps said all along but Greg had to be funny about it. If the titan is 85% of a 690 its 85% of sli 680s.

Now it could be even more since kaaps just pointed out 690s beat 680s even when oced :/

How much longer will we have to wait? I really need to see how this does!

Caporegime
OP
http://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidi...nveiled-6-gb-memory-gk110-gpu-8-phase-supply/

Thanks to a key source, we have finally got a first look at NVIDIA’s upcoming GeForce Titan PCB. The GeForce Titan would be NVIDIA’s flagship GPU based on the GK110 core and as we pointed out earlier it would indeed feature a 6 GB VRAM and a custom designed PCB by NVIDIA which is actually the reference design to be used by AIB partners.

NVIDIA GeForce Titan PCB Unveiled

Since our source was still under NDA, he had to blur out the key mappings of the GPU which include part labels. Still we can see much of the GPU itself so have a look below at the beauty that is the GeForce Titan. The PCB is custom designed and reminds me of the GTX 680 classified from EVGA except that the GeForce Titan is based on the GK110 core architecture that features a massive core count of 2688 Cuda Cores. The PCB holds a total 8 phase VRM which is situated at the backside of the PCB along with ICs and MOSFETs. Additional two VRM phases are located near the SLI connectors that power the memory.

GeForce-Titan-635x292.jpg

Read more: http://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidi...emory-gk110-gpu-8-phase-supply/#ixzz2KK9OyhLr

The GeForce Titan features a 6 GB GDDR5 memory running along a 384-bit interface. We can easily spot 12 memory chips on the front, the other 12 are located at the back of the PCB but users won’t be able to see them on the retail model since it comes with a sexy backplate. The best part is that there are actually 2 SLI goldfingers on the GPU which allows Quad-Way SLI Support. This would bring unbeatable performance to enthusiasts who are willing to dish out that kind of cash on their rigs. The GPU is fed power through an 8 Pin and 6 Pin connector which puts the total power draw to 300W but would actually be a tad bit lower but that remains to be seen. We were told a TDP around the 235-250W on the GeForce Titan. Display outputs include the regular configuration of 2 DVI, 1 HDMI and a single display connector.

There’s only one 4 pin fan connector on the PCB so we can say that the cooler shroud would consists of only one fan unlike dual fans found on other flagship GPU. The card itself would occupy two slots and the upper slot would be used to ventilate heat out of the GPU. Well this is all for now but expect more details soon. The GeForce Titan launches this month at a price tag just around the $1000 mark. Its listing can be found here.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidi...emory-gk110-gpu-8-phase-supply/#ixzz2KK9WleNe

Caporegime
I'm looking forward to Titan just as much as Nvidia owners.

It will give AMD a target, something to aspire to for the 8970.

If Titan is everything it's meant to be, I can't see the 8970 getting there, not while we're still on 28nm.

5XXX to 6XXX wasn't that big a leap, expect the same.

If they do reach Titan levels, then all's good, but doubt it.

Caporegime
$1300 was the price on a e-tailer's shop for Titan before it got taken down.

If this is the case, no way can I justify that.

I think you should wait for it to hit shelves before selling your GTX 680's.

Anything could happen between now and then, we also don't know how much it will actually end up costing.

There is a Dual 7970 here for $1500, totally bonkers price, but Asus clearly think they can sell it for that.

Caporegime
OP
Here is another leaked score:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/graphi...rst_Picture_and_Another_Benchmark_Result.html

Supposedly it is called a GTX780.

OTH,after looking at the comments it could be a fake:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5800985

The e-tailer had it named Geforce GTX Titan and nothing to do with the 780 title. I am bored of the fake 3dmark scores. People with too much time on their hands will always catch them out.

I think you should wait for it to hit shelves before selling your GTX 680's.

Anything could happen between now and then, we also don't know how much it will actually end up costing.

There is a Dual 7970 here for $1500, totally bonkers price, but Asus clearly think they can sell it for that.

I am starting to think the same. I knew I was taking a gamble but if that price is close to the expected release price, Nvidia can do one.

Caporegime
OP
Associate
Alright mate, calm down it's not personal it's just correcting slightly incorrect information. The only difference between a 690 and 680 SLI is the clock speed so.... there isn't really much to debate here.

I said closer to 5% actually but I'm amused that you've found one that is 7% and now that is suddenly linked to an inaccuracy by me. Testing anonomlies my friend - have a look at more results or even better, take a few and average them out. Also as you probably know, the 600 series can boost to quite different speeds so when the clock speed is the only variant - like between 690 and 680 SLI - then this can also affect the results.

I'm sure Kaapstad who is a 690 owner will correct you as well shortly if he sees this thread.

Edit: he already has

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were getting a bit aggressive, but I'm probably wrong.

"I googled a link for you as you didn't seem able to do the same yourself."

The terms "closer to" and "around" are inaccurate by definition. More so if you are mentioning a maximum difference of around 5%, when we saw that it was 7% (but we can't exclude it can be more than that).

I've never said that 2 680s are 10% faster than a 690 on average. I said that they can be up to 10% faster. This is the point you are missing.
But let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. :)

Soldato
I've said what kaaps said all along but Greg had to be funny about it. If the titan is 85% of a 690 its 85% of sli 680s.

Now it could be even more since kaaps just pointed out 690s beat 680s even when oced :/

How much longer will we have to wait? I really need to see how this does!

690s don't overclock as well as water cooled Lightning 680s. I think that is blindingly obvious.

I've cut out the rest because I've got no interest in your whinging...

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were getting a bit aggressive, but I'm probably wrong.

"I googled a link for you as you didn't seem able to do the same yourself."

The terms "closer to" and "around" are inaccurate by definition. More so if you are mentioning a maximum difference of around 5%, when we saw that it was 7% (but we can't exclude it can be more than that).

I've never said that 2 680s are 10% faster than a 690 on average. I said that they can be up to 10% faster. This is the point you are missing.
But let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. :)

I never mentioned a maximum of 5% actually I said closer to. By definition, what we're discussing is never going to be an exact amount as it can differ across games and even across the cards themselves.

The 7% result is most probably a testing anomaly. There's no reason for a 680 SLI to be 3-5% faster most of the time at 1920*1080 and above and then then 7% faster at 2560*1600. It's the same hardware. The 680s don't have anything extra on them to improve high resolution performance.

Look: the way this discussion has gone has been you climbing down from 15% to 10% to 7%. I haven't really got much interest in splitting hairs with you for you to try and prove you were actually right all along. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom