• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Soldato
Looks like it, can see Nvidia's point. Hmm sell it as a Tesla for £2000 a pop, or as a GPU for £500? Let's sell 20,000 of them as Tesla's first.

The Chips are actually failed K20's, apparently , the may have quite a few that did not make the grade !

Soldato
The Chips are actually failed K20's, apparently , the may have quite a few that did not make the grade !

Depending on the amount of K20s they want to make will depend how many don't make the grade.

However, the good news is that going for something so pure will result in a lot of failure. Thus the Titan will be in bigger numbers than the Tesla cards.

That isn't saying much though, considering that Tesla cards are made in tiny numbers compared to regular desktop parts...

Permabanned
Everything is speculation, but until Maxwell turns up big gains are not going to happen without adding more transistors to the chip. I'm sure both ATI and Nvidia try to make what is comparable to the competition as cheaply as possible, not the most powerful card possible, it's all about money and profit !

Well Nvidia sure did win this time round :\

Smaller bus and less Vram saved a pretty penny and they sold it for more!

Soldato
Depending on the amount of K20s they want to make will depend how many don't make the grade.

However, the good news is that going for something so pure will result in a lot of failure. Thus the Titan will be in bigger numbers than the Tesla cards.

That isn't saying much though, considering that Tesla cards are made in tiny numbers compared to regular desktop parts...

Good point, sure the Super computer boys want 100% not a good price on an almost as good :D

Caporegime
OP
According to various news NVIDIA will launch this year based on the the GK110 core desktop graphics, will enable a new "GeForce Titan" call naming high-end cards may be called the "GeForce Titan 780 release time may be in the the end, said many foreign media have been given a test sample card, and more information about the card exposure.
2688, after the news that the GTX 780 may complete GK110 core based on screen a set of stream processors, the number of stream processors with 384-bit 6GB GDDR5 memory, the core and memory frequencies of 732MHz , 5.2GHz. News from foreign counterparts today also confirmed this statement, but there is no clear-cut explanation for the GTX 780 Frequency 732/5200MHz frequency can not be satisfactory is hard to say.
There is also news that the GTX 780 TDP 235W, but the actual power consumption may be as high as 300W, combined with the point of view of the provision messages GTX 780 also reasonable that the low default frequency, high frequency re point Nenggen GTX 690 par.
Last GTX 780 achievements was exposed a few days ago claiming false , because users after processing in this picture from the smear at the words to see the GTX 690, but everyone the right to be a reference to see if it can be I believe that the GTX 780 specifications and performance over a few days later there will be a conclusion.

The 732Mhz clock has me slightly concerned. If this is what it is, then that 85% performance of a 690 is way off. Closer to 50% would be my guesstimate.

http://translate.googleusercontent....=11465&usg=ALkJrhiLLnCIH_HBu5xsNu-ED0KMsESbvg

Soldato
Isn't 50% of the performance of a 690 just the same as a 680? :p

This thing will be mega, but it will also be crazily expensive, so for nearly all of us rather pointless. Still, we all love a new GPU release.

Soldato
Are you going to have a look at getting a couple of Titans.

Congrats nice runs on Fire Strike as well (I can not get anywhere near).:)

Yes indeedy, hopefully as and when I'll be getting a couple :D
As long as it performs as good as the rumours

I take it you'll getting them as well ?

TY
Happy with the scores.

Permabanned
Isn't 50% of the performance of a 690 just the same as a 680? :p

This thing will be mega, but it will also be crazily expensive, so for nearly all of us rather pointless. Still, we all love a new GPU release.

Lol indeed, or less!

We will all have to wait, i think it could just be a 680 with bigger bus and more vram lol?

Soldato
There were people on here saying at the tesla release that if the geforce part had those clocks it would hardly be worth releasing due to it not being that much faster than a gtx680 and off course how big the chip is comparing to the gtx680. It never made sense for this chip to become a geforce part on the performance/cost side unless the core clocks are gonna be higher. It does make sense for nvidia to get shot of the partially working cores that did not make the full part. If this chip is voltage unlocked and under water i feel then it would be pretty beastly.

bru

bru

Soldato
One thing to think about with regards to xx% better performance, is in what?
If they are measuring it in compute output then titan Will be massively faster, if its in 3d mark then who knows.

Soldato
The 732Mhz clock has me slightly concerned. If this is what it is, then that 85% performance of a 690 is way off. Closer to 50% would be my guesstimate.

http://translate.googleusercontent....=11465&usg=ALkJrhiLLnCIH_HBu5xsNu-ED0KMsESbvg

Dude you must remember how much heat that core will pack.

This isn't some cut down mid ranged core here, this has a kitchen sink firmly bolted on.

Every time they make one of these all singing all dancing GPUs something suffers and it's usually the clock speed due to the heat all of that technology creates.

Just be careful. They may do a 480 and revise the cooling. These are going to be rebranded Teslas meaning they will likely use the same PCB and cooler. Wait to see if it is revised as you could end up with a power sucking hot potato man.

Man of Honour

My initial bid was 65%-70% of a GTX 690 which is still a lot of performance. This is because of the 732Mhz clock and the size of the chip but im still guessing along with everybody else.

Until the reviewers get their hands on a card we don't know what it will be, it may even be a dual GPU card like the GTX 690 but with 3gbs of vram per GPU and a 384bit memory bus. 2 GK110 chips downclocked and on the same card would really be a Titan.

Man of Honour
Yes indeedy, hopefully as and when I'll be getting a couple :D
As long as it performs as good as the rumours

I take it you'll getting them as well ?

TY
Happy with the scores.

I will have a good look at the reviews first. If they are single GPU cards I would need at least 3 and maybe even 4 to top what I am running now. If the temps are ok, the performance is there and more than 2 way SLI is an option I will be interested.

Permabanned
But even 15% up on a 680 is not worth swapping most of the time.

The bigger bus for multiscreens is the only reason i can see someone swapping, and then again if they went 7970s there wouldnt be a need to.

If its a dual GPU thats just fail again imo.

Its not looking good atm, im not gonna bother saving for one lol.

Ill just get a 9790 or something down the line.

Soldato
But even 15% up on a 680 is not worth swapping most of the time.

The bigger bus for multiscreens is the only reason i can see someone swapping, and then again if they went 7970s there wouldnt be a need to.

If its a dual GPU thats just fail again imo.

Its not looking good atm, im not gonna bother saving for one lol.

Ill just get a 9790 or something down the line.

What would concern me about any limited run GPU is the drivers. With a small userbase just how much time will they spend?

Not that much it seems.

Permabanned
Nvidia are decent with drivers imo, but yeah it could be a problem.

Still its went from 85% of a 690 to 20% above a 680 now, i know its only guestimates but i dont think its gonna be the wonder card people are hopeing its gonna be.

Lets see if im wrong :p

Back
Top Bottom