Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - March 29th, 2024

Soldato
We still haven't seen all the unused cut footage from GB1. The scene with Ray and the ghost having fun was a whole sequence where the busters went to Fort Detmering I think that's what it was called. They showed a bit of it a year or two back at the GB event at Ghost Corps HQ.

Caporegime
We still haven't seen all the unused cut footage from GB1. The scene with Ray and the ghost having fun was a whole sequence where the busters went to Fort Detmering I think that's what it was called. They showed a bit of it a year or two back at the GB event at Ghost Corps HQ.

I think that's meant to have been included in that trap box set a couple of years back? I have it, yet to open it. But wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't, 40 years and Sony are still drip feeding stuff, pathetic.

Soldato
Is it fair to say this flopped pretty hard? Only done $165.6m at the box office. Assuming it took that much to make + marketing costs.

Soldato
I don't know if they consider it a flop. It's got limited market appeal and they stupidly released it a week before Godzilla x Kong. Made a decent box office and the franchise as a whole is now a billion dollar franchise.

So a sequel may still be possible.

Caporegime
The forum 'experts' would tell you it would need to make 3x it's budget to break even, and it cost $100 million to make so that is a flop really.

All movies are struggling since COVID really, with a few outliers such as Avatar 2, Barbie and Oppenheimer.

Soldato
I'm not annoyed about the theme, the acting or the comedy. What really ****** me off was the girl.
She Complains she's being treated like a child, proceeds to act like a child and basically causes the end of the world and clearly many people's deaths, whilst everyone around her pats her on the back and tells her its not her fault whilst she mopes around like a child.
Even after just killing herself when Stantz questions who was stupid enough to let out a literal God, they says its not important.

Gave up caring about it all after that cause it was obvious the guy was a non threat if life is so easy on everyone, only for the GB to be praised by the whole of NY for fixing an issue they caused.

3/10

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm not annoyed about the theme, the acting or the comedy. What really ****** me off was the girl.
She Complains she's being treated like a child, proceeds to act like a child and basically causes the end of the world and clearly many people's deaths, whilst everyone around her pats her on the back and tells her its not her fault whilst she mopes around like a child.
Even after just killing herself when Stantz questions who was stupid enough to let out a literal God, they says its not important.

Gave up caring about it all after that cause it was obvious the guy was a non threat if life is so easy on everyone, only for the GB to be praised by the whole of NY for fixing an issue they caused.

3/10

Hopefully there's another, but it's got to be a big upgrade on this, all the death chill and army of ghosts stuff didn't really happen either. The trailers\posters alluded to a movie being much bigger in scope than what made it to the screens.

Caporegime
The forum 'experts' would tell you it would need to make 3x it's budget to break even, and it cost $100 million to make so that is a flop really.

All movies are struggling since COVID really, with a few outliers such as Avatar 2, Barbie and Oppenheimer.

Have you ever read the wiki article on 'Hollywood accounting'? This gem really stuck out:

"According to Lucasfilm, Return of the Jedi (1983) "has never gone into profit", despite having earned $475 million at the box office against a budget of $32.5 million.[7]"

Men in black apparently never broke even either, cost 90 million brought in 600 million.

Think the profits are being snorted off hookers buttcheeks.

Associate
thought the film was great and enjoyed it!.... the whole girl and the ghost thing was unneeded though and felt they tried to push some gay agenda.

Soldato
thought the film was great and enjoyed it!.... the whole girl and the ghost thing was unneeded though and felt they tried to push some gay agenda.
Was really just a poor story element to bring on the bad guy. No gay agenda. Also nothing wrong with featuring a gay character, it wasn't even mentioned or talked about. If it was some kind of 'agenda' they would have heavily featured it, talked about it and kept bringing it up.

Back
Top Bottom