Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - March 29th, 2024

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
i think with her feelimg lost and alone and hurt at not being allowed to bust ghosts, she maybe went there from time to tome hoping that her grandfather would come back to play chess with her.
That's my take anyway.

That was the only thing I could think of too but remembered Egon dispersed in the last movie.

Soldato
That was the only thing I could think of too but remembered Egon dispersed in the last movie.
He did indeed pass on
but i guess in her teen angst mind she felt like if she kept trying he may just come back and see her, you could see from her first reaction to the pieces moving she got the impressionit might have been him. But instead Melody shows up and i think thats why Phoebe was drawn to her. The longing to see Egon again

Soldato
He did indeed pass on
but i guess in her teen angst mind she felt like if she kept trying he may just come back and see her, you could see from her first reaction to the pieces moving she got the impressionit might have been him. But instead Melody shows up and i think thats why Phoebe was drawn to her. The longing to see Egon again

Are you a camp counsellor on a Disney channel teen drama in your spare time lol…

Man of Honour

Honestly I thought most of this vid was cringe as **** - it even falls foul of the exact ‘wooOoOoKeee?!’ grifter thumbnail that they were alluding to in the RLM vid :o

‘The original was good because of Bill Murray and the guy playing Egon’ - yeah…

Last edited:
Soldato
Honestly I thought most of this vid was cringe as **** - it even falls foul of the exact ‘wooOoOoKeee?!’ grifter thumbnail that they were alluding to in the RLM vid :o

‘The original was good because of Bill Murray and the guy playing Egon’ - yeah…
All their videos take the same format and style of thumbnail. It's embarrassing.

Soldato
I thought it was probably about 5/10, felt some of the script was truly dire, Acaster was *****, Lucky and Podcast not needed in the film. Phoebe came across as unlikeable to me, and dumb considering how smart she's supposed to be but I can get it's supposed to be a hero's journey / redemption arc type of thing.

I did like the Melody storyline, I didn't understand why
Phoebe didn't ask in more detail what had happened. I thought when Melody said about the matchbook anchoring her to the 'real' world Phoebe would have tried to find out what happened and try to resolve the issue so Melody could cross over. I don't know if we're supposed to think Melody's story is entirely fabricated? If it's not the way she does get resolved in the end, by helping to defeat the big bad, doesn't make sense.

I thought Winston was the best of the OG cast, came across as having more gravitas although Ray was good too. Didn't really like the 'research division' stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought it was probably about 5/10, felt some of the script was truly dire, Acaster was *****, Lucky and Podcast not needed in the film. Phoebe came across as unlikeable to me, and dumb considering how smart she's supposed to be but I can get it's supposed to be a hero's journey / redemption arc type of thing.

I did like the Melody storyline, I didn't understand why
Phoebe didn't ask in more detail what had happened. I thought when Melody said about the matchbook anchoring her to the 'real' world Phoebe would have tried to find out what happened and try to resolve the issue so Melody could cross over. I don't know if we're supposed to think Melody's story is entirely fabricated? If it's not the way she does get resolved in the end, by helping to defeat the big bad, doesn't make sense.

I thought Winston was the best of the OG cast, came across as having more gravitas although Ray was good too. Didn't really like the 'research division' stuff.
I loved the research division. Shows how much Winston has sunk into making the busters in to a bigger company and not just about catching ghosts but trying to study them and investigate them, finding better ways to find and catch them.

Caporegime

Trevor was also basically pointless, he was stuck recycling a deleted storyline from GB2

Ed:

that's one thing a lot of review's have pointed out and its hard to not agree, they simply had far too many characters all wanting their screen time. You had 4 of the original characters (technically 5 including Peck but he's barely in it), you had the 5 newbies, then you also had melody and fireboy along with library guy (the latter not being in it that much).

It's hard to escape the conclusion they didn't know what to do with so many so a few were reduced to 'busy work'. Trevor and the Slimer thread and Podcast at Rays store running around with a mallet (2 movies in and he's yet to wield a proton pack). And some fans were looking for even more, those being Louis and Dana. Some scenes were cut out that made some of these character's scenes even longer so the assembly cut was probably a big headache to whittle down to the final runtime, had the movie been a bit longer by around 10 mins it might have been a good thing to let the scenes play out a bit more naturally, as it is it seems like there was a battle in the editing room to get it to under a 2 hour runtime, presumably due to Sony not wanting it longer than that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Box office has dropped something like 65% or thereabouts, not looking good for it taking in enough to make a third movie viable. :eek:

Looks to be about I expected and I think the drop off will be worse than expected next weekend too.

$61m total worldwide for the first weekend. As mentioned above, the first week is a mix of mostly fans and some normies, after the first week it'll be mostly just the normies left so I'm expecting a big drop off (60%+).

Last edited:
Caporegime
saw the movie and i wasn't impressed at all, maybe i am getting too old but the classic still brings back memory despite they brought back the original actors, it didn't do much for me.

Its a marmite kinda movie, it has a lot of issues mostly down to a bloated cast, pointless side plots and the final act seeming very rushed. I really think that Sony made them get the movie to under 2 hours and it feels more than a little disjointed because of that. The director claimed there were 'a couple' of deleted scenes, though the trailers show a lot more than that, so will be interesting to see what these are. Though knowing Sony they'll drip-feed them over decades like they did with the first 2 movies.

Back
Top Bottom