Golf Thread

Associate
New friend. Already had the 5H aerojet and really like the shaft in these. Also I like that cobra's sit flush while my mavrik and most callaways in general have that rounded look on the face when looking down. Top of the bag is finally coming together:

Aerojet 5H
Aerojet 4H
LTDx 5W
Driver to be updated soon
e1854503-c5e7-4d03-83b1-ef86e64876e5.png

Soldato
Did someone here have the Garmin Approach R10? Getting that itch for a launch monitor again... :p
yeah - Got one, my mate has it just now as he's built a practice net in his garden.

We used it side by side with Trackman at local indoor place as an experiment... It's accurate to within 2/3 yards distance wise, shot shape etc - the only slight difference would be the spin numbers inside. Outside the spin numbers appear to be much better.

It's a solid piece of kit, if you can pick up a 2nd hand one I think it's good value for money.....

Soldato
yeah - Got one, my mate has it just now as he's built a practice net in his garden.

We used it side by side with Trackman at local indoor place as an experiment... It's accurate to within 2/3 yards distance wise, shot shape etc - the only slight difference would be the spin numbers inside. Outside the spin numbers appear to be much better.

It's a solid piece of kit, if you can pick up a 2nd hand one I think it's good value for money.....

I was doing some epic man-maths this morning based on a few things like winning poker last week and went out to get one from the golf shop local-ish, they didn't have any instock unfortunately but definitely think it's gonna happen :D :p

Went to the range after anyway (plan was impulse buy R10 then go to the range afterwards) and think I found something with my swing, didn't video it though so not sure, yesterdays analysis showed a shocking amount of out-to-in which I kinda expected.

Associate
New friend. Already had the 5H aerojet and really like the shaft in these. Also I like that cobra's sit flush while my mavrik and most callaways in general have that rounded look on the face when looking down. Top of the bag is finally coming together:

Aerojet 5H
Aerojet 4H
LTDx 5W
Driver to be updated soon
e1854503-c5e7-4d03-83b1-ef86e64876e5.png
I have some F7 hybrids and I love em, they look very second hand but they are super easy to hit.

Associate
New clubs fitted and now on order.
Had 90 mins to try some heads and a bunch of shafts, different lengths and different weights.

Ended up trying to the Apex Pros, Titleist T150 and P770s.

It was close between the P770s and T150s. I liked them both, hit them both pretty well and distance and spin were pretty much bang on the same.
Tried a bunch of shafts on both heads, seems my swing prefers a lighter shaft, as I tried the 105g and 120g irons, which were either Modus Tour or True Temper ADT's
Ended up picking the TT ADTs, as they were giving me higher launch (on average about 1.5 degrees), which I'd prefer over lower launching (I'm thinking tree trouble or playing out of fairway bunkers).
So, ended up ordering the spec:

• Head: T150 (4-PW), standard loft and lie (compared to my current Sim2 irons of 2' upright, which I no longer need)
  • Shaft: TT ADT 105 Black (S300)
  • Golf Pride Z-Grip Non Cord Standard (4 layers)

7i was averaging around 161~ Carry, 6k spin (avg) 48 deg land angle. (avg)
4i was averaging around 191~ Carry

Very excited!

Soldato
Had two great range sessions this week, trying to work a lot more on driving and getting some confidence there. I went to a new range which has TrackMan and played a virtual 18 at CostaTerra in Portugal. Of course its not a replacement for the real thing but things are starting to click a little more. Picked out a few good holes here;

host image online

Off the tee with the driver felt nice, a bit wayward on some but still not bad yardages and placements.

Some of the short shots need a bit of work but also the trackman didnt seem to great at picking up these little chips, so I would hit a dime with a wedge and it just didnt pick it up, id retake it and then maybe fat or thin it and that was the one it recorded. I know both times it should have been consistent but still, ill blame technology for that!

Soldato
Clubs cleaned, an hours practice in the Trackman sim today, settled on Pro V1x ball for this year after better spin numbers.

Looking forward to the first medal of the year on Sunday.... Course will play about 8609 yards after all the rain this week!!!

Commissario
Have you guys played at Aldenham? Any feedback on the course? Going to do a trial run next week for a potential membership.
I played the church course I think it was back in 2015, my grandma was a member there for years, and it was nice - used to have the longest par 5 in Europe at one point I think!

Associate
Course closed AGAIN today, really starting to get fed up, hoping for a drought in Summer to make up for it. An unlike last year, no wind would be nice as I don't recall a round last year when we had no wind at all 20-30mph nearly all the time.

Soldato
Course open today despite the rain yesterday.

1st Comp of the year back on the big course.

78 scratch... Not bad - left a few chips out there as it was very wet and chucked a couple.

Otherwise not a bad start to season. Mate shot 73 scratch off 6 so he was happy with that.

Soldato
Hey guys,

I’m out in my net right this second. Just need some advice..

My SkyTrak keeps telling me most my shots, even flushed, are “too high launch angle”.

Should I see my pro and mabye ask about going a degree or two stronger?

Back
Top Bottom