Google Android Beta Program - Android N

Caporegime
Unenrolled, re-enrolled, tried enrolling using a different Google account, nothing works.

Has anyone got an N9 to work?

I'm tempted to flash the ROM myself.

Associate
Will wait for a more stable release.

Rolling back is easy:

pouedt.jpg

V_R

V_R

Soldato
This may or may not be a stupid question but am I right in saying if you un enroll, or indeed 'wipe data' does that leave your music, photos etc intact of does it wipe the internal storage that you have access to as well?

Answered my own question and cleared up the (my) confusion.
Anything on your internal memory will stay. When you wipe data factory reset it only deletes the root partition. Doesn't include the sdcard. Internal or external. In cwm it will not delete uour music if it is stored in the internal SD card. If you do a master reset through the stock ROM. It gives you the option to format sdcard. If you check it. It WILL wipe the internal SD card.

In conclusion:

Your music should be safe if you wipedata/ factory reset from recovery.

If you do a factory reset through the stock ROM and you check format SD card you will lose anything in the internal SD card.

So wiping in recovery won't but obviously a factory reset will, which is what I assume happens when you un enrol.

Last edited:
Soldato
This may or may not be a stupid question but am I right in saying if you un enroll, or indeed 'wipe data' does that leave your music, photos etc intact of does it wipe the internal storage that you have access to as well?

Answered my own question and cleared up the (my) confusion.

So wiping in recovery won't but obviously a factory reset will, which is what I assume happens when you un enrol.

From the 6p when I un enrolled everything was wiped. Might be to do with the Nexus 6p is encrypted though.

Google restore after factory reset it loads better now, desktop, icons even some application saved data is restored if you backup to Google drive.

Associate
Up and running on my Pixel C.
No real issues so far, noticed sound drops occasionally which requires a restart.
Other than that loving the split screen :D finally!

Associate
Just a quick question. On my nexus 5x it no longer shows charging rapidly? Has any one else got this as I'm unsure whether it was still saying it before the update? Might have to revert to android M to see if its software or maybe the phone or charger?
Chris

Soldato
I've been running it for a few weeks, no major issues with stability overall. It does need some refinements e.g. settings is laggy and generally its not as snappy as Lollipop, also for me atleast it resets my wallpaper every restart.

To be honest, I'll give it a bit, if they keep updating with improvements, I may stick with it. If not, I may just go back and wait as it may not be released until Sept. Overall, I like the changes they've made

Soldato
Not really sure what I want, but Android is getting a bit like IoS these days, same stuff just repackaged a bit shinier. I want something different. Just no benefit from this version to KitKat etc.

Back
Top Bottom