Google Android Beta Program - Android N

Soldato
Huh? There are a huge amount of changes from where android is now to where it was in kit-kat.

Like what, a new way to flip down the same menu at the top and a slightly different looking settings menu. It's all the same.

I used to have a GS3 and that had iCS on it. Got a new phone with Lollipop on and it's all the same, just flashier.

Don
Enrolled and have the install ready on my N6P but worried how stable it will be or not

How are other N6P users finding it, reports seem good, no app crashes

All good here on my nexus 6P. The only issue I've found so far is that One Note refuses to start. I found this this morning.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Installed it last night on my 6P, so far so good, too early to tell how the battery will be affected but I've not had any crashing yet. :)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
So my attach button in Whatsapp chats isn't working anyone else?

Edit: sems to be an issue with the Whatsapp beta, stable version is fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does Bluetooth music playback work now?

Wouldn't work when I tried to listen to music in my car.

EDIT: For anyone wondering audio playback via bluetooth works fine for me now.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
So after almost a week of using the N Preview 2 here are my thoughts....

What I like:
- All the UI tweaks to the notification shade and quick toggles look really slick and I love the new animation to the toggles when you pull down the shade.
- Night mode / the dark theme.
- The slide out menu in settings is a welcomed addition.
- Whilst I don't really use it, the clear all button in the recent apps menu is overdue in my opinion.
- The new RGB calibration sliders in the System UI Tuner menu mean I can tweak the colour of the screen to just how I like it.
- DPI scaling is neat
- Double tapping the recent apps button to switch between app is amazing. (like using Alt+Tab)
- Multiwindow! Samsung have had this for ages, why has it taken Google this long to implement it!? I have a 5.7" screen, I want to maximise it!

Bugs/issues I've come across.
- Battery life is a little worse than M but given this is a preview build I fully accept that in the hope that it will improve in the final build.
- I've had a few apps crash and one plain not work which is a bit annoying but to be expected.
- The settings crash when viewing the detailed battery stats for each process other than the screen on time.
- Not much lag/choppiness when browsing the UI
- Randomly the attach button in Whatsapp doesn't work (thought I've read that is an issue with the Whatsapp beta - which I had forgotten I had signed up to, so that's my own fault! lol) so spamming people isn't quite as quick as could be. I'll have to reinstall the normal version when I get the chance.
- A couple of times in the car when playing music over Bluetooth the player (I use GMMP) would pause playback after the first song. Only noticed this over the weekend so I could do with a bit more testing to find the exact issue.

So overall I am liking the way that Android is going and can't wait of another new update and later on the final build.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom