Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
Well that's weird. I was already on Android 14 ??

BrnNmfp.png

Soldato
I got the same message last night on my 6 Pro. Weird since I was already on 14. Not even the beta, just the stable release. Was a huge 2.1gb. After the update the phone reports it as the November 2023 patch.

Associate
I got the same message last night on my 6 Pro. Weird since I was already on 14. Not even the beta, just the stable release. Was a huge 2.1gb. After the update the phone reports it as the November 2023 patch.
Least it wasn't just me then. I will see what it says on the better halves Pixel 6 later.
I was also on 14 stable release, no beta or anything.

We are not alone...

Last edited:
Soldato
New GPU drivers in the update too:

Although it mostly help with the 8 series, 6 and 7 series should see an improvement too. I don't really play any games long enough on the phone to properly test and compare (Steam Deck took over my portable gaming), but hopefully the improvements will help with other things outside gaming too.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't play games either but so far I have noticed an improvement on the touch on the screen, it seemed a bit laggy or something was off about it but now it seems much better.
The only other thing I've noticed is the weather on the alarm clock. I've enabled it and give permissions but not seen it in action yet.

Soldato
Anyone else had, what appears to be, their Pixel 6 battery swelling and causing the screen to lift at the top right (where power/volume buttons are?)

I am now out of warranty as well :(

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else had, what appears to be, their Pixel 6 battery swelling and causing the screen to lift at the top right (where power/volume buttons are?)

No, luckily mines been fine. It still lasts over a day as well.
Is it getting hot when charging ?

Associate

My wife's pixel 5 had a similar problem, just out of warranty as well. Pixel 6 battery replacement at iSmash is £75 or so. Much cheaper than a new phone ;)

Associate

Yes, mine did the same in Dec. I was out of warranty by a month but Google kindly still processed a warranty replacement.

Associate
Anyone else have issues with their pixel sometimes (seemingly randomly) deciding it will receive a call in silent mode despite the phone not being on silent or on DND? Missed a number of calls now because of this.

Soldato
evening all

Was just sat watching tv with Pixel 6 on charge and tried to bring it up out of standby and its is completely dead, wont start, do a hard reset, anything........

Anyone know of a dark magic to make it snap out of it? been faultless since release day and this is sadly out of the blue

Cheers

Ben

Back
Top Bottom