Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I'm hearing about new features for the Pixel Buds Pro, should we be getting an update to existing hardware? I assume so? The new buds are the same, just some new colours, right? (The auto passthrough mode sounds interesting)

Soldato
I'm hearing about new features for the Pixel Buds Pro, should we be getting an update to existing hardware? I assume so? The new buds are the same, just some new colours, right? (The auto passthrough mode sounds interesting)
Yes its the same buds so software update for us all.

I had that feature on the galaxy buds pro and wasn't impressed. Too slow and also too means any word would trigger it even though I was just humming to a track.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've only tried it talking to myself, but it seems to kick in quite quickly, you then wait maybe 4 or 5 seconds and it starts the music back up. Seemed pretty good.
Just tried it too. Yeah these are much quicker than the Galaxy buds Pro when I had them. It's nigh on instant. Excellent.

Last edited:
Soldato
One thing I remembered after seeing some new phone reviews is that I haven't complained about the phone not reading my fingerprint properly.

I remember that was a serious problem for at least 6 months after launch. It was also very slow compared to the phone I had before.

I just unlocked it 20 times in a review using different thumbs without failure. At launch it was 50% at best.

Last edited:
Soldato
One thing I remembered after seeing some new phone reviews is that I haven't complained about the phone not reading my fingerprint properly.

I remember that was a serious problem for at least 6 months after launch. It was also very slow compared to the phone I had before.

I just unlocked it 20 times in a review using different thumbs without failure. At launch it was 50% at best.
Yeah it got better as time went by. It's not a terrible reader but the new one on the 8 Pro is way more responsive.

Associate
Impressed with Android 14 battery life ony Pixel 6, (I also did a factory reset before upgrading).

I'd really began to dislike the damm thing for its poor life, came from a less powerfull motorolla with a similar sized battery that would last around 3 days.

On Android 13 would have less than a day per charge , now its 1.5 - 2 days with similar usage.

Soldato
Impressed with Android 14 battery life ony Pixel 6, (I also did a factory reset before upgrading).

I'd really began to dislike the damm thing for its poor life, came from a less powerfull motorolla with a similar sized battery that would last around 3 days.

On Android 13 would have less than a day per charge , now its 1.5 - 2 days with similar usage.
It really was a great update. Well overdue, but better late than never.

Soldato
Anyone else experiencing the broken camera on the Pixel 6a following the Android 14 update a couple of weeks ago?

Seems to mostly affect phones with Family Link installed, which means my son's is broken. Right now the pictures it takes are no better than the Nokia 3310 I had 20 years ago :mad:

He's not very happy as we've just been away to the lake district for the weekend and he wasn't able to take any photos :(

It's only ~6 months old, so if it's not fixed by next week I might just see if we can return it under warranty and get something different, how on earth did such a breaking bug made it through testing?!

Back
Top Bottom