Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Soldato
Slightly smaller screen on the 7a but you still get the 90Hz refresh rate, so handset is also a bit more compact. Pixel 7 will feel a bit more premium in the hand as the 7a rear is plastic and not glass. Bigger camera sensor on the 7 might also give you slightly better low light shots. Charging is also faster on 7.

If they are the same price, I'd go for the Pixel 7 over the 7a.

If the Pixel 7 was £50-100 more expensive than the 7a, I'd just get the 7a, as the minor improvements of the 7 wouldn't justify the additional cost.

Soldato
Looking to get my partner a new android phone for Xmas, had a quick search and the Pixel comes up as a decent "budget" phone.

Looking on Amazon and the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7a (with 30W charger) are the same price at £379. The RRP on the 7 is higher @ £599 to £449 for the 7a, but googling a review comparison the conclusion seemed to be the 7a was (slightly) better?

Which would be the better deal? It's a bit more than I was looking to spend, was thinking up to £300, so if there's another alternative to look at?

She's not techie at all so it'll be usual basic usage, good battery life with a fingerprint sensor on the front is the main requirements I can think of :D
Did you pick a phone? In the same position with my wife, wants to upgrade her pixel 4a but not sure whether to get a 7/7a or a Samsung A54.

Soldato
Did you pick a phone? In the same position with my wife, wants to upgrade her pixel 4a but not sure whether to get a 7/7a or a Samsung A54.

I got the 7a in the end, mainly because the glass back of the 7 isn't ideal for my partner lol.

I can't report anything about the phone yet though I'm afraid as it's a Xmas present, so she hasn't had it yet.

Soldato
Hi,

I got a pixel 7a as a gift, my old charger doesn't fast charge it, anyone recommend me a charger please?

Also, and I know it cannot fast charge it, but anyone recommend a wireless charger as well please?

Soldato
Hi,

I got a pixel 7a as a gift, my old charger doesn't fast charge it, anyone recommend me a charger please?

Also, and I know it cannot fast charge it, but anyone recommend a wireless charger as well please?

Soldato
The already pretty pants battery on my 7a took a major turn for the worse with a recent update. After a lot of trial and error, I narrowed down the problem to 'Lift to wake phone' or whatever the option is. Turned that off and battery is reasonable again.

Guess it was turning the screen on all the time in my pocket or something.

Man of Honour
Got a Pixel 7a for the wife as a Christmas present for £379 with a official Google 30w charger included. She loves the phone and the camera's are much better than her Xiaomi 10T lite which is around 3 years old now and gets no updates at all. I also bit the bullet and ordered one for myself for a bargain £305.99 which will arive in a couple of days when DPD get going again (still a bank holiday here). It will be a massive step up for me from my trusty old Nokia 6.1.

Associate
Has anyone upgraded from a Pixel 6 to Pixel 7 Pro ?
Is it a worthwhile upgrade do you think ?
Yes. I upgraded for the better reception and finger print reader. It's been a solid phone. I'm in construction so it gets knocked and dropped a fair amount and I've never had a problem with it. I bought it when it 1st came out.
I do use a case on it though.

Spigen Liquid Air Case Compatible with Google Pixel 7 Pro - Matte Black​

Last edited:
Associate
Yes. I upgraded for the better reception and finger print reader. It's been a solid phone. I'm in construction so it gets knocked and dropped a fair amount and I've never had a problem with it. I bought it when it 1st came out.

I'm a builder also and my pixel 6 has faired pretty good. I want better reception so that's also good to hear. Thank you

Associate

That's the exact case I have and it's perfect.

Associate
What case are people using?

I prefer a flip case after moving to Ringke Onyx.

Loving the Camera but the rest of the phone isnt much of an upgrade on my mate 20 pro.

Soldato
Anyone know if it's possible to have a different ringtone when using dual sim (e-sim)?

Or if its possible through any third-part apps, doesn't seem to exist anywhere in the settings, I use an e-sim for work, it's on a different network which helps as you can see it on the on-coming call

But it would be nice to separate personal/work calls!

Associate
Is there a way to have an led light or such to indicate that the phone is charging?

I use magnetic chargers and sometimes they don't fully connect first time, but as the charging icon inside the battery symbol requires the Titan Krios to see, I can often miss it and don't realise that the phone isn't charging.

Back
Top Bottom