Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Soldato
My P7 Pro still has the flickering issue. Tried booting in safe mode but same problem. Google want me to factory reset and then send it in to them.

Wife has same handset. Another problem is that both of ours have recently started turning displays on in the middle of the night when on charge, waking us up. Even if we press the standby/power button to turn display off it comes straight back on. Remove the charger cable and the screens will stay off. Bizarre.
The handsets were doing this on wireless charge previously, which is why we're now plugging the cable directly into them and just sitting them on the expensive Google charging stands.. Cables, chargers, stands are all Google products bought from the Google store.

Last edited:
Associate
Just found out that I can't connect my Pixel 7 Pro to a USB-C to HDMI adapter and stream to a projector. iPhones do it with ease. Apparently I need some special dock?

Soldato
Our P7P problems aren't going away:

Faulty charger plugs acting up.
Screens coming on in middle of night despite being in bed time mode.
Screen flicker

All items purchased directly from Google. Was hoping they'd be durable and reliable so we could continue with Google products but we'll be open to alternative android options when it comes to replacing these handsets.

Soldato

Screen flicker

All items purchased directly from Google. Was hoping they'd be durable and reliable so we could continue with Google products but we'll be open to alternative android options when it comes to replacing these handsets.
Use your warranty

Soldato

Screen flicker

Send them back to Google. I had issues with the screen on my 6P and it was a day turnaround to get the phone replaced by Google.

Soldato
Anyone having issues where your Pixel 7 just loses connection with mobile connection? I'm getting the explanation mark in the signal bar and "emergency calls only" message with my Pro.

Rebooting the phone/resetting the network connection/aeroplane mode on the off fixed it for a short period then it drops connection again.

I've contacted mobile operator and they are not aware of any issues in the area. Couple of neighbours also use the same network operator and no issues.

My wife's Pixel 6a is also having the same issue.

I was looking at switching to a different operator but think this is an issue with the phone.

Hmmm... Tried SIM card in a different Android phone (some old Xiaomi) and same issue, so must be network related.

Last edited:
Associate
Come across a funny issue this week if anyone has same thing.
Only occurs when listening to music held on the device, playing over the ear buds.
If I lock it or do something else on screen, the music just stops until I go back to the files app to pause and play.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Only occurs when listening to music held on the device, playing over the ear buds.
If I lick it or do something else on screen, the music just stops until I go back to the files app to pause and play, as it thinks
Stop licking your phone...

Soldato
If I lock it or do something else on screen, the music just stops until I go back to the files app to pause and play.
That's really weird. You actually have music on your phone?

**EDIT** Sorry, I'm sure someone will be along with a sensible reply soon.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone having issues where your Pixel 7 just loses connection with mobile connection? I'm getting the explanation mark in the signal bar and "emergency calls only" message with my Pro.

Rebooting the phone/resetting the network connection/aeroplane mode on the off fixed it for a short period then it drops connection again.

I've contacted mobile operator and they are not aware of any issues in the area. Couple of neighbours also use the same network operator and no issues.

My wife's Pixel 6a is also having the same issue.

I was looking at switching to a different operator but think this is an issue with the phone.

Hmmm... Tried SIM card in a different Android phone (some old Xiaomi) and same issue, so must be network related.
You on EE? I had loads of issues last weekend despite them saying "everything is fine". Seems ok since Monday last week.

Soldato
You on EE? I had loads of issues last weekend despite them saying "everything is fine". Seems ok since Monday last week.

Was actually Vodafone mast issue that's been going on for almost 2 weeks now.

I must have contacted them very earlier when the issue first arose and they didn't have many customers reporting the same issue.

Soldato
Just an update after the Android 14 update. Both my wife and I have P7P Pro phones have found them to be running cool and with good battery life. Not sure if I am imagining it the fingerprint scanner is not as blindingly bright in the dark as it used to be. I've also been impressed with the night time photography. No real complaints given the phone is on a decently priced contract.

Soldato
Pretty hacked off with Google screwing up my 7a with the Android 14 update.

GPS is knackered. Same thing happened with my Pixel 3. Almost like the gps itself isnt working at all, only picks up location when it can grab an ssid.

Soldato
My pixel 7 pro has a bit of an odd screen issue in that every so often it goes green and I have to reboot to get rid of it. Probably happens twice a week or so... Annoying!
Seems it's not entirely unheard of but and has been effecting people for months so not something Google has addressed with updates..

Back
Top Bottom