Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
My pixel 7 pro has a bit of an odd screen issue in that every so often it goes green and I have to reboot to get rid of it. Probably happens twice a week or so... Annoying!
Seems it's not entirely unheard of but and has been effecting people for months so not something Google has addressed with updates..
I've also had this. Usually on a sunny day outside, I'll unlock it and everything will have a bright green tint over it.

I left it last time and it sorted itself out but definitely a new bug from Android 14.

Soldato
I've also had this. Usually on a sunny day outside, I'll unlock it and everything will have a bright green tint over it.

I left it last time and it sorted itself out but definitely a new bug from Android 14.
Neither myself or my wife have seen this issue, wonder what is causing it? Both on Android 14.

Man of Honour
I thought it was just me, I've had it only once and only since upgrading to 14. Similar to Funky-Melon it was in direct sunlight as well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Jesus wept.

I'm really getting frustrated with my pro7
Since android 14, possibly before, my phone is forgetting permissions to access camera and on chip storage in message apps, especially meta/facebook messenger,
Short of resetting the phone I've done everything I can think of 100 daily reinstalls , cache clears etc etc.
Why is this ****Ing app forgetting the permissions I give it?
Is it just me?

Last edited:
Associate
Jesus wept.

I'm really getting frustrated with my pro7
Since android 14, possibly before, my phone is forgetting permissions to access camera and on chip storage in message apps, especially meta/facebook messenger,
Short of resetting the phone I've done everything I can think of 100 daily reinstalls , cache clears etc etc.
Why is this ****Ing app forgetting the permissions I give it?
Is it just me?
Just you I think :(

Other than the green screen issue I had which has apparently been fixed in the latest update, mines been faultless since day one.

I know it's a pain but have you tried a factory reset as you've had a few issues with yours?

Caporegime
Yeah I know.... FML
...that literally the last thing to do again, I did it about 8 weeks ago too.

I guess I'll try, maybe this weekend

:p

Grrr... Thx lol.

I just don't understand how software issues can be different on different phones. We all have the same software.

If I go to permission and switch it from allow to ask everytime, then back... It will work, until it doesn't... I mean wtf is that all about?

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking to get my partner a new android phone for Xmas, had a quick search and the Pixel comes up as a decent "budget" phone.

Looking on Amazon and the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7a (with 30W charger) are the same price at £379. The RRP on the 7 is higher @ £599 to £449 for the 7a, but googling a review comparison the conclusion seemed to be the 7a was (slightly) better?

Which would be the better deal? It's a bit more than I was looking to spend, was thinking up to £300, so if there's another alternative to look at?

She's not techie at all so it'll be usual basic usage, good battery life with a fingerprint sensor on the front is the main requirements I can think of :D

Back
Top Bottom