• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are!

Associate
Perhaps it's down to an element of luck as well...? On our second year of needing a service the engineer noted some issues with the boiler. They were passed on to Baxi and the engineer visited within a day or two, the boiler still providing hot water at that point. Parts were changed promptly and all went well and has continued to do so.
I remember looking at the rated reviews over at TP, if you value that site, and Baxi, compared, as an example, to Ideal, seemed a decent enough choice.

The cost of the boiler tho........(still, I thought of it as "better" value than a GPU)

Definitely better value than a GPU but not as much fun! Also I tend to take online boiler reviews with a pinch of salt as people only usually review them when they go wrong.

Associate
Definitely better value than a GPU but not as much fun! Also I tend to take online boiler reviews with a pinch of salt as people only usually review them when they go wrong.
thats the same for anything, i work retail and people are only ever motivated to fill those things in when they are ****** of and want to share a bad experience, 99% of the good experiences people have they dont feel the need to tell anyone about

Soldato
Might be worth adding some info with regards to warranty stance on fitting water blocks. I've heard some manufacturers allow it, some void the second you remove a screw.

Soldato
OP
I'm updating the original post over the next 24 hours. I've already gone through the URL links, updated current ones and removed any dead links.

If anyone has any recent info on their RMA experiences over the last 12 months, good or bad, then please let me know without mentioning any competitors in this thread.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nvidia direct was actually very good (for a Founders 3070). You have to send it off to Hong Kong which is a bit of a faff with all the stuff you have to print. You also have to take a lot of pictures of serial numbers with other numbers they give you etc (i guess to stop scammers/fraud). However, it was free to send and the turn around from me sending it and receiving a working replacement (which looked new) was about a week (which i thought was very impressive considering how far it had to travel - they use very quick international post there and back clearly).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nvidia direct was actually very good (for a Founders 3070). You have to send it off to Hong Kong which is a bit of a faff with all the stuff you have to print. You also have to take a lot of pictures of serial numbers with other numbers they give you etc (i guess to stop scammers/fraud). However, it was free to send and the turn around from me sending it and receiving a working replacement (which looked new) was about a week (which i thought was very impressive considering how far it had to travel - they use very quick international post there and back clearly).
Thanks for the valuable info, I'm adding Nvidia to the spreadsheet as we speak. Surprised how good Nvidia RMA is, makes the Founders edition cards more appealing, especially when postage is FREE.

Associate
@Nelly appreciate you taking the time to keep this updated.

No personal experience, but hopefully the following info is helpful (I'll try to dig out sources where I can find them but mostly from things @Gibbo has posted on here):
Zotac warranty is now 3 years (since 30 series) with extension to 5 if registered with 28 days (https://www.zotac.com/gb/page/product-warranty-policy)
Gigabyte warranty I believe is 4 years for 'Auros' products
Sapphire is 3 years for AIB models, 2 years for MBA
Powercolor is 3 years for AIB, 1 for MBA

Soldato
OP
I've updated the original post now, needs abit more tweaking, I'll sort it when I'm back later. I've added ASRock and Nvidia. Last time I updated it was 2018, I used to do it at least once a year.

If a moderator sees this, can it be stickied again, as it probally helps a lot of people out. Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
Removed Point of View - looks like they haven't had GPUs produced since the GTX 900 series >> https://videocardz.net/browse/pointofview/geforce-900

Point of View went bankrupt back in 2016. Was really sad to see them go.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm updating the original post over the next 24 hours. I've already gone through the URL links, updated current ones and removed any dead links.

If anyone has any recent info on their RMA experiences over the last 12 months, good or bad, then please let me know without mentioning any competitors in this thread.

Ah... ignore my last post, thank you @Nelly :)

Soldato
Soldato
im gonna go out on a limb and say that pulling the cooler off and sticking water near it is going to be a no on the warranty

You would be surprised, some Manufacturers don't mind. The odd thing with the card i linked is that originally It was ONLY available from AMD direct, even if you go to the AMD warranty website it says that if its a reference model it must have come from AMD.

Hoping Gibbo can advise :)

Associate
You would be surprised, some Manufacturers don't mind. The odd thing with the card i linked is that originally It was ONLY available from AMD direct, even if you go to the AMD warranty website it says that if its a reference model it must have come from AMD.

Hoping Gibbo can advise :)
afaik the only one that didnt mind was evga and they are gone

Back
Top Bottom