Hades

Permabanned
I have never taken bloodshot dislodge as the damage looks pretty meagre (100 base damage) What does the buff bring it to?

I'm finding that passive casts are much better. I like festive fog as it offers a lot of utility plus decent damage. Got a double duo on it once which I didn't know you could do, Zeus and the Ice woman. I like the Ice Beams too.

Also tried the last of the weapon aspects now bar the bow and shield. They're all a bit rubbish in my opinion. Too slow and cumbersome.

Bow is currently my least favourite. I tried maxing out my special as you just don't have the DPS to wave clear using attack all the time, but even then the damage was pretty woeful.

As for the last boss, a million times easier when he stops being a pussy with that 'Darkness' crap.

Associate
I have never taken bloodshot dislodge as the damage looks pretty meagre (100 base damage) What does the buff bring it to?

I'm finding that passive casts are much better. I like festive fog as it offers a lot of utility plus decent damage. Got a double duo on it once which I didn't know you could do, Zeus and the Ice woman. I like the Ice Beams too.

Also tried the last of the weapon aspects now bar the bow and shield. They're all a bit rubbish in my opinion. Too slow and cumbersome.

Bow is currently my least favourite. I tried maxing out my special as you just don't have the DPS to wave clear using attack all the time, but even then the damage was pretty woeful.

As for the last boss, a million times easier when he stops being a pussy with that 'Darkness' crap.
Bow as Aspect of Chiron you want stuff that procs on special hit. For example if your special applies chill and you also have the boon that makes it so that at 10 stacks of chill all stacks are removed and the monster deals damage to itself and everything in an AoE you can pop that explosion pretty much every 1 or two specials

Soldato
The dislodge damage amount isn't massive - I think it was 140 for this playthrough. But when you have 5 casts and you can dislodge them immediately after setting them, it all causes a lot of damage very quickly.
Over the space of about 5 seconds I have the cast damage - which is buffed and hits 4 foes - the special damage - which is buffed and an AoE which was increased by 85% I think - and 5x140 damage to the poor guy that has the casts in them.

I'm not keen on casts which stop a bloodstone being lodged in anyone. The chill cast is an example of that I think. It stops the bonus damage with attacks and specials which I get from one of the mirror choices.

Festive fog I've enjoyed with some combinations. It comboing with hangover was a good one.

Soldato
I have to say, I've never been into meta-gaming. All that working out exactly which the best combinations are and such leaves me cold. I just enjoy picking up ones that I like the sound of together.

Associate
I have to say, I've never been into meta-gaming. All that working out exactly which the best combinations are and such leaves me cold. I just enjoy picking up ones that I like the sound of together.
You don't have to metagame as such, just consider what works with what and what's worth keeping an eye out for

Permabanned
After nearly 100 attempts, the best build I've had was a build where I just dashed into stuff with tidal dash. It was effortless. Just charged in and everything died :p

A few days ago, I had cultivated a brilliant build for smashing the last boss...
And then I got to him and he let me through without fighting. :rolleyes::D

:D

Soldato
OP
Dash deflect is the most important skill for anyone starting out. I also found deflect on attack was useful with the rail gun too.

Im at the stage now where I complete most attempts but Im ramping up the difficulty.

Did a build yesterday that had my god bar start on 20%, rise automatically and rise more rapidly. It basically meant I could call 2 seconds after my first one comes off cool down. I think hades only managed to take a about 10hp from me. Fun!

Last edited:
Soldato
75 hours played and I'm still hearing new dialogue and unlocking new content, and still have a ton of fates to unlock, weapons to do, only doing 4-8 skull pacts (based on weapon), story is still unfolding, etc. All aspects of the game are fantastic quality (gameplay, story, voice acting, audio, replayability, etc).

I can see why lots of gaming websites gave it GOTY last year as it's amazing.

Soldato
I'm on run number 29 and only made it to the Elysium so far.

Finding the game hard.

I read online most people clear this for the first time in 20 runs which I honest can't believe.

In so few runs they wouldn't have accumulated much points to spend so can't see how they can get through the third level where the enemies are quite beefed up.

Associate
Thread revival!

Got this through game pass, and thoroughly enjoying it. More so than dead cells I think.

Around 10 runs so far and got to Elysium boss once, killed Minotaur and got guy (whose name I’ve forgotten) to about 50% and he destroyed me!

Was an interesting build till then, blade with fast attack and 2hp return on strike, but much lower total health by 60% - was a breeze till that point through!

not sure how you guys are clearing the whole game in 20 ish mins though! Assume power level must ramp up hugely through upgrades as you progress?

Soldato
Think my best on PC was 29 mins with the fists. I’ve just bought it on PS5, so looking forward to playing it with the new controller and a 65” TV! The game doesn’t support HDR though which is a shame.

Permabanned
Thread revival!

Got this through game pass, and thoroughly enjoying it. More so than dead cells I think.

Around 10 runs so far and got to Elysium boss once, killed Minotaur and got guy (whose name I’ve forgotten) to about 50% and he destroyed me!

Was an interesting build till then, blade with fast attack and 2hp return on strike, but much lower total health by 60% - was a breeze till that point through!

not sure how you guys are clearing the whole game in 20 ish mins though! Assume power level must ramp up hugely through upgrades as you progress?

You do become considerably stronger using the mirror, but at later levels it's mostly knowledge and good judgement in deciding what to pick that helps you progress. For instance, I wouldn't use the health leech at this stage as you just can't tank the damage and every sod starts to block your melee attacks anyway, so it becomes useless. Combos I can remember liking are the sturdy perk and multiple dashes combined with the tidal dash. Or, festive fog with the 600% damage bomb.

Amazingly well-designed and polished game. Might have to play it again soon.

Caporegime
*thread revival*

I think I've just done escape attempt 60 and was only an inch away from squashing Hades. But the bugger got me. It seems like I'm not really getting any more powerful now. All the runs seem to just be working on collecting things to fulfil prophecies, do house renovations and forge friendship bonds. I need more powah!!!

Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
*thread revival*

I think I've just done escape attempt 60 and was only an inch away from squashing Hades. But the bugger got me. It seems like I'm not really getting any more powerful now. All the runs seem to just be working on collecting things to fulfil prophecies, do house renovations and forge friendship bonds. I need more powah!!!

Guessing you've upgraded all you can on the mirror?

Choosing the right boons makes the first run throughs easier too - in particular athena

Caporegime
Guessing you've upgraded all you can on the mirror?

Choosing the right boons makes the first run throughs easier too - in particular athena

Pretty much yeah. I think what's annoying me most is that you only get six special items (titan blood, diamond, ambrosia) and then you have to grind away getting the little items and trade lots of them for the special ones. It's going to take forever!

Caporegime
Yippee! Finally did it on the 61st attempt. Had 4 "lives" but only needed two because the Cursed Blade boon healed me with every strike. Coupled with Poseidon's call, it was so easy! Now it's got interesting again as you can modify the game to gain those special items.

Back
Top Bottom