how many cases have you had ?

Permabanned
Associate
20 or so, I usually end up getting bored and change them almost yearly.
Same here, I think I must average somewhere around one a year. Some years I don't get a new case but others I've bought 2 or 3, crazy really but at times the search for the perfect case for that particular build took several attempts.

Associate
I`m currently on my fourth case in around eighteen years, first one came with the PC I bought from a mate, second one I can`t remember what it was, I was the first PC I built, I just remember it was gloss black. My third one was a NZXT Phantom and my current one is a Fractal Design Vision which I`ve had about three years and will be getting replaced in the coming months with a Lian Li 011d XL Evo.

Associate
Hmmm, not sure I can remember all the cases I've had, will give it a go.

Had a classic small/midi atx tower in the 90s. Obtained a Thermaltaker Xaser III at one point that served a long time (early 00s through 10s). Had a no brand full (tall) tower at around the same time (early 00s). Had another midi case as well, but don't remember much about it (no brand again in the early 00s). Then finally grabbed the Corsair Obsidian 650D Midi/Full ATX case in 2010s. Then a Corsair 300r a year later for the secondary backup system. Finally last year went with the Lian-Li Lancool III (as a different case I was after was not in stock). Next is likely that Antec Performance 1 case when I finally upgrade the secondary (backup) system later this or early next year.

So around 7-8 cases lasting from late 90s to this year.

Associate
Only about 5 or 6 I think in over 29 years. I need to look at getting a new one as it would be convenient 5o have some usb c on the case

Last edited:
Associate
I've had a dozen or so over the years. I only tend to change them if the current one won't do what I want. i.e. Went from a Corsair 4000D to a 5000D last year as I wanted to install a bigger radiator. Normally some good case bargains on the OCUK clearance section.

Soldato
About 4-5.

First 2 were beige beauties of the time. Then I went to a Lian Li PC65, then a CM-690 II, now the Corsair 750D.

I really miss my PC65, but I do know that it would not be practical these days.

Soldato
I've had very few cases. My current case is at least 16 years old, it's brilliant, huge 200mm fan in the top at the back, drives all sit in removal trays. No idea the make and model.

Antec 900? Sounds like it, was a very popular case for it's time and was one of the last cases that Antec built well before they disappeared until last year with the Performance 1 FT.

Soldato
Ha, yes, I figured that out after a little Google Image searching!

I have an old Dell, high end Xeon system, no longer in use, that'll donate its case if/when I build another PC.

Associate
Way too many, from budget beige cases to the good old Lian Li/Coolermaster aluminium cases to my current NR200.

Back
Top Bottom