how many cases have you had ?

Associate
Three over the past 18 or so years.

Some cheap no-brand thing in my first ever PC to keep costs low.
A thermaltek armour a year or two later when I put watercooling in it.

Then I've had a TJ07 for about 14-15 years. It's modded pretty heavily by this point and does everything I'd ever want in a case.

Last edited:
Associate
I've only had 2 in past 12 years, both NZXT. They are so well put togther its hard to look elsewhere (That was me coming from always buy the cheapest case before hand).
I did get a fractal design meshify c for my son for £60 and i was really impressed with how well put together it was. I had very restrictive space requirements and opted for the meshify c. Fantastic bit of kit.

Associate
So many ive lost count. The funny thing is when I got the 1st one for a custom-build I thought I'd use it repeatedly, which I have once or twice but mostly time and my needs change so I end up getting a new one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tend to change cases with new builds, even if my current one is doing the job.

Currently have a NR200P which I've probably had for the longest time of all my cases but have had the following over the years.

Akasa Eclipse 62
Fractal Define R4
Fractal Define Mini C
ThermalTake Core V1
NCase M1 v5.1

Probably a lot more but those are the ones that come to mind. Always liked the look of the SuperLanBoy back in the day but safe to say it has aged. :D

Soldato
Lost count but well over 20 in about 20 years of building.

Now on a Thermaltake Tower 500, best case for my needs so will be keeping a good while yet but do like the look of the Lian Li Vision and the Hythe y70 Touch.

Soldato
I had quiet a few cases in the early years 1997 to around 2004 then i changed to shuttle cases for around 3 years then back to midi size cases

A Load of cheap cases i can't remember the names/brands of in my early PC years.
Shuttle SN41G2
Shuttle SN26P SLI Case
Silverstone TJ07
Silverstone GD02MT HTPC case
SilverStone FT02
Phanteks Evolv X
Bequiet 500 FX

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Four - a very 90s blue annodized blue Lian-Li case I bought from @philstanbridge, a black anodized TJ06, and my current CaseLabs STH10. An a CM ATC201 someone else has reminded me!
Ah them were the days… I always like to remind myself that I was the very first to anodise the aluminium in the UK and have the patience to put them all back together again. It was definitely a labour of love though. I should post all my old cases, I’ve still got the photos.

Soldato
Other than a couple of generic cases that came with prebuilds since ~2000 I've owned a Thermaltake Xaser III, a Lian Li PC7 Plus, a Silvertone TJ-07 and now a Lian Li O11d Evo. Owned the TJ-07 from ~2009 until 2022, it was just too good to part with :)

Last edited:
Associate
I reckon over the years I've gone through somewhere around 50-60 cases for various machines, for a while I had 3 PCs in the house at a time and gave each one a different case.
Started off with a lot beige coloured ones with Packard Bell machines, then started getting a couple of gimmicky ones like the one that had the jet engine fan on the front before going for some of the more crisp looking cases.

Associate
about 20 or so, but i do currently need a new one, actually need one smaller than i already have but big enough to fit my 4090 in, currently have an entho pro

Soldato
antec 900, a corsair cube one air???, Phanteks something or other, lian li 011 dynamic(current), NZXT something!! lol and my 1st one i cannot remember as it was a complete bought PC from Mesh computers years ago it had a 7950 GX2 vga in it

Soldato
Just for my main system I can think of 16 since 1997 when I did my first build. The first case was some beige Chenbro thing, the first good case was, also beige but a Globalwin 802 from OcUK in about 1999 or so. In total though for other systems I would have owned something like 30 cases in all this time, I've got 6 now, but only 3 are being used so I should probably sell some.

Last edited:
Associate
four in total over 25 years,
advent 1990s beige box thing
some generic black box thing, that one had a loose pci slot blank at the time being utterly clueless i thought it was a major fault on site warranty was called upon the visiting engineer said it's a cheap case there all like that :p
then Antec 900 pre build from Ocuk
Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced still going strong after 12 years.

Associate
6 if you include the pre-built ones from 20+ years ago (huge Gateway case, slim Compaq case), otherwise 4:

Antec P180 (2005, built like a tank, still in use for a family members PC)
Fractal Define R5 (2015, still used for my main build)
Be quiet! Pure Base 500 (it needs to take advise from the brand name, has an annoying rattle, used in a space PC)
Fractal Define S (got this new for £20, it's big but not as well built as the Define R5, used for a server PC)

Back
Top Bottom