Fractal Torrent Solid Panel
Fractal Torrent ARGB
Fractal North TG
Fractal North Mesh (Main System now)
Fractal Define XL R2
Asus AP201
Jonsbo D41 Mesh Screen

Soldato
Oh nice thread, and one I totally align to with the OP - once I have found a case for my normal 'everyday' PC it very rarely changes. Currently have a Fractal Design Arc Midi from around 2012, so will be 12 years old this year, and prior to that an Akasa Eclipse 62 (still have it somewhere) and that was sometime around 2006, I actually can't recall what I had before that it wil lcome back to me though I am sure of it. :)

Man of Honour
Couldn't even possibly guess. Lots (in the region of 2-3 dozen).

Some weird and whacky ones like the Xclio A380, bunch of different NZXT ones, Akasa, quite a few mini PCs and bookshelf PC cases, etc.

First 2 proper PCs I had were Gateway 2000 with their own brand case, my latest gaming PC build is in a Corsair Carbide Air 540 which has been doing service since 2013 for my main gaming PC with various different hardware in there.

I'm actually trying to move away from having more than 1 PC case though and using laptops or mini PCs, etc. for additional systems and recently picked up the Lenovo Legion Go somewhat towards that end as well as using it as a tablet and/or light gaming.

Last edited:
Associate
I've been trying to tot up how many I must have gone through since I built my first PC in 1992/3... I get bored quickly and since around the year 2000 have tended to swap cases every six months or so (perhaps changing cases every 3 years up to that point). I've also stuck with the same case since building my first custom loop 2 years ago. On that basis I reckon I've probably had around 50 (and I've still got about 10 in my loft!).

Associate
I think my cases went along the lines of....

OEM Grey / Beige thing that came with my first computer before I started upgrading

Thermaltake Xaser III (Horrible thing)

Zalman GT900/GT1000 (Probably the highest quality case I've ever had in terms of build quality, the aluminium panels were ridiculously thick.)

Antec P182 (The Zalman didn't really have enough cooling capacity for my next computer so I "sidegraded" to the Antec, another lovely case.)

Coolermaster HAF X (This was great for aircooling but I never thought it looked all that great).

Silverstone FT02 (My all time favourite case, I only changed it as I moved to watercooling and it was starting to age a bit, wish I had kept it sometimes but I didn't have the space at the time!)

Fractal Define R6 (A decent case but ultimately it wasn't big enough for what I ended up wanting to fit in it).

Lian Li Lancool III (Has the most clever bits on it. Weighs a tonne, but it has allowed me to fit all the watercooling I wanted to in it, with enough fan capacity to keep everything quiet. I will be keeping this one for a long time).

It's fun to see I've never held any particular loyalty to cases, my purchasing has been all over the place over the years! Maybe the amount of innovation in case design just stops things stagnating (if you ignore the glass front panel nonsense they got stuck on for awhile), so you never really know which company creates the next good mix of features.

Last edited:
Soldato

1 was an eBay special.
1 was Lian Li stainless steel number. I think this was from OCUK.
1 was/is a Lian Li black stainless mini-case. It is full ATX but smaller. This is from OCUK but unfortunately they removed order history going back that far. I love it. Full ATX but a much smaller form factor. A05b IIRC.

Associate
First custom PC I bought years ago was second hand, it was in a silver case with see through blue alien eyes on the front and a clear side panel. Second PC was a cheap pre built in a CIT branded case. Then I built my first proper PC in an Antec 1100 which lasted for about 12 years, and current one I built last year is in a Fractal Pop mini air.

Probably forgetting something.

Associate
I think my cases went along the lines of....

OEM Grey / Beige thing that came with my first computer before I started upgrading

Thermaltake Xaser III (Horrible thing)

Zalman GT900/GT1000 (Probably the highest quality case I've ever had in terms of build quality, the aluminium panels were ridiculously thick.)

Antec P182 (The Zalman didn't really have enough cooling capacity for my next computer so I "sidegraded" to the Antec, another lovely case.)

Coolermaster HAF X (This was great for aircooling but I never thought it looked all that great).

Silverstone FT02 (My all time favourite case, I only changed it as I moved to watercooling and it was starting to age a bit, wish I had kept it sometimes but I didn't have the space at the time!)

Fractal Define R6 (A decent case but ultimately it wasn't big enough for what I ended up wanting to fit in it).

Lian Li Lancool III (Has the most clever bits on it. Weighs a tonne, but it has allowed me to fit all the watercooling I wanted to in it, with enough fan capacity to keep everything quiet. I will be keeping this one for a long time).

It's fun to see I've never held any particular loyalty to cases, my purchasing has been all over the place over the years! Maybe the amount of innovation in case design just stops things stagnating (if you ignore the glass front panel nonsense they got stuck on for awhile), so you never really know which company creates the next good mix of features.
Oh no. I missed the HaF X. Had one for a short time, before modding a desk to be my “case”.

Associate
First custom PC I bought years ago was second hand, it was in a silver case with see through blue alien eyes on the front and a clear side panel. Second PC was a cheap pre built in a CIT branded case. Then I built my first proper PC in an Antec 1100 which lasted for about 12 years, and current one I built last year is in a Fractal Pop mini air.

Probably forgetting something.
First proper PC was an AST Advantage. Christ knows when. 90 something.

Soldato
As a few others have said here, lost count. I currently own a Silverstone LC17 that i've had for over 14 years, I did have 2 at one time. I owned a LC16 as well but I could not get the display to work as I wanted. The other is an 011D.
best case I've owned? Akasa eclipse. I loved the casters and the removable Motherboard tray. Worse? Antec P160. I hated it. POJ. :mad:

Soldato
First was a Dell prebuit.

Then i had cases from the following brands.

Fractal
Coolermaster
Lian-Li
2 X Phanteks (including the Pro M i have now)

So that is 6 in around 25 years, but am toying with the idea to get a new one soon.

Associate
My first PC in 2003 (aged 22, deprived childhood, bought it myself, etc :cry:) was also a Dell pre-built in the standard case they offered at that time. Laptop after that. Since I built my 1st PC back in ~2006 ish (Core 2 Duo E6600, wanted a Q6600 but the Mrs said no lol), one case. Yes, it's looking sorry for itself now, so I plan on a Corsair 3000D for my next build.

Same as this, but mine has a perspex side panel. Bought it from Maplin for £40 iirc. I'm sure fellow AvGeeks will understand my initial attraction to this particular case :D

The 'turbine blades' aren't powered. Instead they were moved by a 140mm fan behind it drawing in air. That turbine hasn't spun for more than a decade since I removed the 140mm fan behind it as tests showed it made SFA different to temps. I also had to take a hacksaw to the drive bays to fit the RTX3060 in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom