• Six to seven years

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Seven to eight years

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Older than eight years

Votes: 9 2.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
Still on my Pixel 6 bought at release. Not only the best phone I’ve owned but also apple class battery life still :D well in terms of degradation anyway. I am determined to make it last 4 years (Pixel 9?).

Previously had iphones up to 6 then a Pixel, then a Pixel 3 (both shocking battery deg).

Last edited:
Associate
Still on my Pixel 6 bought at release. Not only the best phone I’ve owned but also apple class battery life still :D well in terms of degradation anyway. I am determined to make it last 4 years (Pixel 9?).

Previously had iphones up to 6 then a Pixel, then a Pixel 3 (both shocking battery deg).
Similar boat here, on the 6 pro and kinda don't want to get the 8 so it'll be either fold or 9pro I reckon

Soldato
Went Pixel 5 (which was awesome), to Pixel 6 (which I bought because shiny shiny and then regretted) to Pixel 7 which sorted all the issues I had with the Pixel 6. Will consider the Pixel 8 if it's the right price.

Soldato
Same here, still on a Pixel 6. I think this is the first time in 10 years I've not upgraded within 12 months. I expect I'll move on to the Pixel 8. I was really tempted to try the Zenphone 10 as I liked the smaller devices these days.

Soldato
OP
After replacing the battery a few months ago, I didn't glue it back it because the old glue was still sort of tacky, and also (at least I thought) it was a relatively tight fit.

Now if I shake my phone I can feel the battery moving around in there :(

Thing is this phone now being 5 and a bit years old, I sealed up the back thinking by the time I'd ever need to open it up again that would definitely be new phone time.

I reckon at sone point if it keeps flexing with movement the connection will brake, but time will tell....

Man of Honour
Hoping the EU changes requiring replaceable batteries gets pushed through sooner rather than later and properly adopted again. Amongst other things a lot of phones based around having a sealed in battery don't go back together quite right ever again even if professionally replaced and in my experience having to replace a battery is not unusual at all within the useful life of a phone.

At one point my usage meant being able to quickly swap out the battery for a fully charged spare was sometimes handy though I don't really have that level of requirement now but one of the reasons I went for a Sony Xperia 10 V in the short term as the battery life is good. Though hoping there will be some decent phones out in the next year or so to replace it with as nothing currently takes my fancy.

Soldato
It's about 3 the model is nearly 4 years old oppo find X2 pro is still the best phone I have had, my Huawei was wrecked in the same time ,the camera is great 12 gig ram ect ect.
Just one downside is no wireless charging but the supercharger is so fast it's a non issue really, just more chance of damaging the port so I use a usb dust plug and always use the supplied lead

cgk

cgk

Associate
Hoping the EU changes requiring replaceable batteries gets pushed through sooner rather than later and properly adopted again.
So having read the regs in details - people will be disappointed if they think it means that you can quickly swap batteries on the go like you did in the past.

It just means that replacing the battery needs to be possible with standard tools so unless you want to carry screwdrivers with you...

Man of Honour
So having read the regs in details - people will be disappointed if they think it means that you can quickly swap batteries on the go like you did in the past.

It just means that replacing the battery needs to be possible with standard tools so unless you want to carry screwdrivers with you...

Depending on what that means - I'm not adverse to simple disassembly to change batteries - I've got a small multi-tool with screwdriver blades on my key chain.

Soldato
Xiaomi Mi11 now going 2years 6 months although still very happy with its performance runs great but battery life got worse struggling to last early evening, so replaced the battery few days ago dont trust the ones on eBay or Aliexpress paid extra going with ifixit £30 all in and its given it a new lease of life can now easily make it through the day, I was actually considering the Oneplue 12 CN version and flash Oxygen for around £590 16gb/512gb but now I think I'll wait another year for next releases

was fun replacing the battery and getting the tools wasnt expensive, Already have screw set, B700 glue, the plastic Pry Opening Scrapers, clamps to hold the back cover once closed again for glue to dry , B 700 glue is really good find it better than the pre cut adhesive double sided sticker for closing back the back cover it really holds strong and its easy to take off again its like adhesive rubber just heat it and roll it off no mess

Last edited:

cgk

cgk

Associate
Depending on what that means - I'm not adverse to simple disassembly to change batteries - I've got a small multi-tool with screwdriver blades on my key chain.
Yes you will be fine but I bet you get all sorts of nonsense like "when you replace the battery, it will do a battery integrity test that will take 45 minutes".

Back
Top Bottom