• Six to seven years

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Seven to eight years

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Older than eight years

Votes: 9 2.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
Samsung Galaxy S8, it does everything I need, the battery still lasts a full day for my usage but I'm thinking about replacing it, beacause the screen is cracked in the corner and it is probably not waterproof anymore.

I need it to be somewhat waterproof as I use on the bike as GPS.

Soldato
5-6 years with iPhone XR. Only just starting to show its age to be honest. Hoping to get at least a year or two more from it. A better low light camera would be good.

My iPhone 6 I had until 2018 for a long time was still good, even replaced the battery but it was software and app support that caused me to leave it. It still works now as a backup and I prefer the form factor over the XR.

Soldato
My bargain price Pixel 6 is still fine - screen has a tiny chip at the edge, and there are a bunch of micro scratches on the rest of the screen; but these aren't visible during use. Hopefully this'll do for a good few more years

Associate
Over 2 year old Poco F3 here. I saw that its not going to get any more OS updates after this year. Probably a good time to shop around for a newer phone. Then again I don't really care for the newest fancy models, maybe I'll just hang on to it..?

Soldato
S22 Ultra so just over 2 years? It's the longest I've gone without upgrading a phone but absolutely nothing really catches my interest atm. I think my next phone will be a folding phone but when they've got it spot on and then when the price drops to something sensible, so not any time soon for me.

Soldato
Bought my Pixel 4a 3 years and 4 months ago.
..replacing it very soon though, probably with a pixel 7

I actually don't need anything 'better' than the 4a but the battery is a bit tired now and I fancy a new reasonably priced phone.

Last edited:
Associate
Still using 4a aswell - fantastic compact device. Was about to move to a 8 but its quite a bit heavier, im hoping the 8a is a little lighter than the 8...

Associate
My Iphone 8+ is still going strong, had a new battery approx 2 years ago when apple were offering a replacement for I think £25.00.

Soldato
Still using my late 2018 vintage iPhone 7 and will continue to do so until it dies.

Herself was recently upgraded to a refurbished iPhone 12 as her 7 was down to 70% battery and not lasting a day. The improvement in camera performance was understandably impressive.

Associate
My iPhone SE is about three and a half years old and I'll keep it until it stops getting security updates or it packs up. Nice thing about Apple is they support their phones much longer than other companies.

Associate
Surprised to see under one year is out in front. Even though I voted for it because I have a 15 Pro Max. Before that I had a 11 Pro max and was largely happy with it for all that time. It started to feel only a tiny bit slow compared to my m1 iPad Pro just before I sold it. I expect to keep this one for 3-4 years again.

Soldato
Surprised to see under one year is out in front. Even though I voted for it because I have a 15 Pro Max. Before that I had a 11 Pro max and was largely happy with it for all that time. It started to feel only a tiny bit slow compared to my m1 iPad Pro just before I sold it. I expect to keep this one for 3-4 years again.

If you look.. the first 4 option's are roughly equal...I'm guessing as after 4 years the batteries are usually pretty degraded and people fancy a change anyway.
I answered three to four years but I bought a new phone a couple of day's ago so if I voted again I'd vote under 1 year...

So looking at the figures as a whole, it suggests the majority People keep them 3 to 4 years, but how they vote depends where they currently are in that time cycle.
For example the number's drop right off at 4 years or more.

Last edited:
Associate
If you look.. the first 4 option's are roughly equal...I'm guessing as after 4 years the batteries are usually pretty degraded and people fancy a change anyway.
I answered three to four years but I bought a new phone a couple of day's ago so if I voted again I'd vote under 1 year...

So looking at the figures as a whole, it suggests the majority People keep them 3 to 4 years, but how they vote depends where they currently are in that time.
For example the number's drop right off at 4 years or more.
That's true, the spread is very thin indeed.

Back
Top Bottom