• Six to seven years

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Seven to eight years

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Older than eight years

Votes: 9 2.1%

• Total voters
Associate
My OH has had it the same period and battery has gone awful recently and keeps draining rapidly overnight without anything in the battery logs.
Mine was like that when it had the 17.3 update queued but after applying the update it seems to have gone back to 'normal' (i.e. still not good, but not as bad as it was pre-17.3 update)

Associate
S10+ here, had it 4 and a half years

Like OP have accubattery on it, for about the last year I'd say now, and has given the battery about 73% - which feels about right, ai can feel the battery isn't what it used to be, but it's not completely gone just yet - I had that with my old phone, battery was just done

Overall I have to say I am very content with the power of the S10+ - for my needs and usage I have no complaints, I got there 1tb model with 12gb ram, and while the 1tb is complete overkill I think the 12gb ram has really helped it not slow down to a crawl,

out of all the new features on the newer phones - a better camera would be a nice upgrade, but I don't take excessive photos and my current camera does the job just fine, but a high refresh rate screen is really what I would like to take advantage off, having eventually gotten a higher refresh rate screen for my desktop, it is something I do feel I would appreciate on a phone, I'm happy with the speed and power I currently have, so a large battery and high refresh screen will be what I aim for, anything else will be considered a bonus lol

lcg

lcg

Associate
I'm still using an iPhone 6 which will be 10 years old this year. It's definitely in need of replacement.

The battery was replaced in 2018 and maximum capacity is now 73%.

Associate
I've had an Xperia 10 IV for over a year. I love everything about it except the camera (noticeably average) and limited RAM (no app stays open ever).

Next phone must have great camera and lots of RAM, and SD card slot and 3.5mm jack and no notch/hole and waterproof and min 4K 60fps video with stabilisation...

Man of Honour
I usually hope/predict for a phone to last me around two years.

Xiaomi MiA1 - bought this in 2017 and actually I still have it as a spare, absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's a little bit slow but it works perfectly, I

Xiaomi Mi9T - wife bought me this in 2019 and unfortunately she ordered a Chinese ROM in error and after about a year I was having endless issues with it including never getting any notifications, losing access to Google services and it just became too frustrating to carry on with. Shame, really really nice phone.

Poco X3 - Got this in 2021 I think and dropped it after a few weeks. Replaced the screen but it was never quite right after that and eventually it stopped charging properly. Otherwise I'd still have it now.

Poco X5 - Got this in 2023 and it's been fine. I'll only change it if I drop it or something.

Last edited:
Soldato
Five years and counting in use/since bought, but it was actually previous year's model released in March 2017.

Last edited:
Soldato
POCO F3 had it 2 years now, purchased sim-free Jan 2022.

Not sure what to upgrade to yet but whatever I get must have wireless charging as my Jaag has built in charging mat.

Associate
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - 3 years, 5 months and i really don't see the need to change it as of yet... it still runs silky smooth and the battery is still holds a charge....i know i will be missing the extra bells and whistle but for the phone price increase these days and also the merge of the note into the s-line, i dont think right now i need to have another s-line phone in my pocket.

Soldato
Still using the Samsung I purchased in 2016. It's had two replacement batteries and has a few issues, but it still takes pictures and sends texts and calls, so it does.

Associate
iPhone 12 here so over 3 years.

I'm trying to wait out as long as possible to see if Apple do a foldable. If not, I'll just get an iPhone Pro equivalent when this one dies/unsupported.

Back
Top Bottom