HP Microserver+XPEnology

Soldato
OP
Deuse - Did you find out was the situation was with regards to disks spinning down?

The only things I have found out is that synology say none of the nas will go in to deep sleep mode for what ever reason.

Mine kind of spin down my mate can hear the motor going but it's not accessing the drive so just a slight hummm
there are people on the synology forum who have this problem still. I'm hoping that 4.3 will solve this.

But having said that my drives on my old DS211j never spin down.

Soldato
OP
Has anyone with a HP NC360T dual gigabit ethernet card managed to get WOL to work?

Have you got your real Nic mac address showing when you use sinology assistant?
if so then shut down from the web page as normal then send it a packet to wake it up.
I've got No-IP address setup which makes things easier all round.

Soldato
OP
I installed 4.2 v1.2 last night... Loaded it onto the USB, pop it into the board and it works out of the box with N36L, WD drives and SanDisk SSD.

Picked up all 5 of my disks no problems. Not had a chance to play with it properly yet.

Looking for the 4.3 as I may have to install another SSD to use it for caching.

Is that the 4.2 repack by trantor?
as for 4.3 someone may do it but sinology has put protection in now.

Soldato
OP
Bad news if you(like me) installed the media server update as of now there is no transcoding as synology have lost the licence.

I'm reinstalling it all over again and won't be updating the media server or 4.3 any time soon.
If I could find the old media server package it would save me hours if not days.

Soldato
OP
Ouch! Did you not still have the 4.2 modules? from Google Drive?

I've decided no matter the setup I can think of the drives will never spin down with DSM.

Forgot about the 4.2 modules :o has it got the Media serve package prior 1.1-2406?(just looking)
as synology are only letting get the new version :(

Edit=No media serve package in the 4.2 modules. Well that's me borked till I find the old package :(

Found it http://download.synology.com/ftp/spk/MediaServer/1.1-2403/
Now going to try it.

That worked a treat :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hi Deuse,

No, its not the real MAC address, do you know how I change it to the real address?

Is there any benefit from having the real MAC address?

Cheers

Yes you get WOL and you stop getting messages and most likely someone else is using the same mac address.

Find out your real mac addy then SSH into the server and follow what it says in the link below.

http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=910#p4226

Soldato
OP
Looks like 4.3 is ready to test and trantor will up the fix kernel files later(I hope)
But don't forget don't install the latest media server as it's got no transcoding you need version MediaServer-x64-1.1-2403.spk.

As I say it's a test so don't trust it just yet :)

Back
Top Bottom