Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
Just breaking into a Choco Caramel box of these Huel Nutrition Bars for the first time. I thought I'd swap out a Huel Savoury pouch on my subscription to see what these bars are like as I was after a sugar hit lately. The bar has a distinct taste and aftertaste of chocolate and coconut. It is a very soft bar whilst not being too overly sweet. There is a caramel layer, which brings that sweetness but it is overpowered by the coconut taste.

At £26.30 for a box of 12, I think I find the Grenade High Protein bars more satisfying as a sweet treat and they are a couple of pounds cheaper.

Soldato
Since we are in the Huel thread I would say I did notice that they specifically say Daily Greens isn't really meant for you if you also regularly consume their other products, due to the large overlap in some of the vitamins... Not an issue for me as I don't like their other products :cry: but worth keeping in mind
I'm not gonna be renewing my daily greens. It's fine. But my current daily routine of a glass of salt water, Huel black, lion's mane and coffee is better, and cheaper.

Soldato
I'm not gonna be renewing my daily greens. It's fine. But my current daily routine of a glass of salt water, Huel black, lion's mane and coffee is better, and cheaper.

You drink a glass of salt water? Why on earth? Salt has to be one of the things which is hardest not to over-do even outside of supplements

Our first full month's worth turned up (the first batch we shared and had for 2 weeks to see if it was okay) - but actually last Friday I woke up feeling kinda sick and that carried on for a couple of days (I wasn't sick but just felt nauseous a few times during the day). Started to wonder if that ~2 or so weeks was just enough time for various things to build up to a point it was suddenly not okay; but then again I did also eat some meatballs that were about 4 days past their sell-by date on Thursday so who knows! I kept going not changing anything and after another few days feel basically back to normal; does make you wonder though! :cry:

Overall I'm still not totally convinced either way - it's very hard to put your finger on something like this; do I feel different? Do I have any more energy? And even if I do could it not be explained by the 1000s of other things that could have an affect on that. See how this month goes I suppose

Soldato
You drink a glass of salt water? Why on earth? Salt has to be one of the things which is hardest not to over-do even outside of supplements
Literally just a pinch of sea salt, glass of cold water, not drinking brine or anything. Does perk me up in the morning, more so than the huel greens tbh.

If it was 20 quid I might keep doing it, but I already have huel black in the morning, would be pretty spendy, plus I eat pretty well, plenty of veg anyway.

Soldato
that's the only flavour i've tried, it put me right off. what would you recommend?
Strawberry & Cream is my personal favourite, followed by Banana and Salted Caramel. Banana isn't bad but has a slightly odd aftertaste. I can't remember much about Cinnamon Swirl, which I tried in December.

I've got a bag of Vanilla waiting to be tried once I get this Cookies and Cream out the way. One bag normally lasts me about a month.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Gave Jimmy Joy a try (huel alternative) as it a tad cheaper. Just trying the hot and savoury apparently it mushroom and rice... It's more like I imagine eating cardboard some homeless person has slept on for a week. So devoid of any flavour need to buy a hot sauce me thinks.

Soldato
Hot and Savoury Chicken and Mushroom is disgusting as well.
Silly choice of pasta shape as well, the powder inside the tubes doesn't mix well at all so you get mouthfuls of dry powder.

Soldato
Hot and Savoury Chicken and Mushroom is disgusting as well.

I love it, genuinely choose to have a bowl of it for dinner sometimes

I've been on Huel Black for a good few months now. Always struggled with the consistency of it. I can tolerate it, but having had Yfood recently, it's just significantly better.

Well the other day, I bought some oat milk for my other half's mum, who was round, and used it to make my Huel as well. My goodness - what an improvement.

So much thicker and creamier. Also made the taste better.

There's always a but, though, and in this case the issue is that 500ml of oat milk added an extra 300 calories to the shake, which is quite a lot. Today I tried mixing half with water, but it has negatively impacted the flavour and consistency again.

Soldato
I've just ordered a couple of weeks of Huel - powder, chocolate and vanilla, and meal powder - mac & cheeze, and pasta bolognese.

I'm pretty excited to get it. I have Crohn's and I think I've got a sort of pending bowel obstruction, so I've decided liquid (and the I think easily digested meal ones), would be a really good shout so that I can not worry about being in pain every time I eat.

Does anyone know how long it takes to arrive?

Soldato
I've just ordered a couple of weeks of Huel - powder, chocolate and vanilla, and meal powder - mac & cheeze, and pasta bolognese.

I'm pretty excited to get it. I have Crohn's and I think I've got a sort of pending bowel obstruction, so I've decided liquid (and the I think easily digested meal ones), would be a really good shout so that I can not worry about being in pain every time I eat.

It's usually next day DPD.

Caporegime

Me and my wife ordered similar as she somehow nearly got conned in to Herbalife and the dodgy pyramid scheme without me realising (a nearby 'Nutrition Centre')

We got:
4x bags of Huel Black
12x snack bars
1x bag of 'Pasta Bolognese'
8x Katsu curry noodle pots

My wife started drinking them yesterday and likes the 3 she has tried, I am having my first shake today which is 'Strawberries & Cream'

Despite being blended with our Ninja for 55 seconds, it's a bit powdery. Huel themselves say to blend it 3 hours beforehand and leave it in the fridge though, so I will try that for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
They have great service.

My order came on Saturday and had open only 1 of the 3 bags of Huel in there do rejected it.
Got onto Huel via WhatsApp and they sent another full order out to be delivered on Sunday.
Come Sunday both parcels arrived and the driver said they found the other 2 bags.
Told Huel and they said keep the lot so 6 bags for the price of 3.
Fantastic service.

I might swap back to standard Huel on my next order for the increased carbs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Me and my wife ordered similar as she somehow nearly got conned in to Herbalife and the dodgy pyramid scheme without me realising (a nearby 'Nutrition Centre')

We got:
4x bags of Huel Black
12x snack bars
1x bag of 'Pasta Bolognese'
8x Katsu curry noodle pots

My wife started drinking them yesterday and likes the 3 she has tried, I am having my first shake today which is 'Strawberries & Cream'

Despite being blended with our Ninja for 55 seconds, it's a bit powdery. Huel themselves say to blend it 3 hours beforehand and leave it in the fridge though, so I will try that for tomorrow.

Good luck. I hated the Pasta Bolognese actually, so I tried to send it and the Mac N Cheeze back, and they just refunded me and even gave me a £20 discount code! So I kept them both (although I will chuck the bolognese) and have ordered the greens as I need that desperately hah.

Hope you enjoy them. Three shakes in a day is very brave btw. I imagine she was lifting ithe duvet.

Back
Top Bottom