Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
I was getting quite into Huel again then my 10% code expired and I feel it's not worth the £50 a month.

But it's so convenient. Finished the Vanilla this morning which I've always enjoyed. Not liking the banana at all

Soldato
I was getting quite into Huel again then my 10% code expired and I feel it's not worth the £50 a month.

But it's so convenient. Finished the Vanilla this morning which I've always enjoyed. Not liking the banana at all
Use a new email address, get treated as a brand new customer. I just did it on latest order and got a free bag of Huel Black, t shirt, shakers, etc.

They don't do any verification for multiple accounts against name/address/phone number/payment method, just email it seems.

Caporegime
I tried the ready to go Huel drinks which I liked and they did fill me but so expensive to do on a regular basis
I stay away from any of the RTD stuff by any company. So much other crap in them for shelf life and binders etc. The Huel RTD is also made of different ingredients to the black edition, although I think they taste good they cause a rather large glucose spike due to the Oat flour. Which is not good for a variety of reasons and likely to make you hungrier for your next meal. But still it's probably better than what you were snacking on before :)

Soldato
I stay away from any of the RTD stuff by any company. So much other crap in them for shelf life and binders etc. The Huel RTD is also made of different ingredients to the black edition, although I think they taste good they cause a rather large glucose spike due to the Oat flour. Which is not good for a variety of reasons and likely to make you hungrier for your next meal. But still it's probably better than what you were snacking on before :)
Still likely to be better than a supermarket packaged sandwich, if choosing between the two.

Soldato
Sent a referral code to my wife last night, got her to order and she got a free bag of huel black again - what a coincidence she ordered the same flavours of hot & savoury I have every day ;)

No t-shirt anymore though :(

Soldato
Sent a referral code to my wife last night, got her to order and she got a free bag of huel black again - what a coincidence she ordered the same flavours of hot & savoury I have every day ;)

No t-shirt anymore though :(

I did the same. Bought 1 vanilla and 1 salted caramel and got a free black Salted Carame and a free T which my partner stole.
Have to say, after forcing myself through the banana the salted caramel is delightful.

Am I correct in thinking that the black huel is better post exercise and the white before? That's how I've decided to use the black huel this time anyway

Soldato
Am I correct in thinking that the black huel is better post exercise and the white before? That's how I've decided to use the black huel this time anyway
I think a lot of the bro-science around protein loading before/after exercises is largely debunked and as long as your protein intake over the day/week is at an adequate level, that's all that matters. Unless you're an elite level athlete, you're not getting any benefits by micro managing protein intake.

Assuming your post was about protein intake of course :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I think a lot of the bro-science around protein loading before/after exercises is largely debunked and as long as your protein intake over the day/week is at an adequate level, that's all that matters. Unless you're an elite level athlete, you're not getting any benefits by micro managing protein intake.

Assuming your post was about protein intake of course :D
Very much so!

I've started doing my exercise first thing in the morning so eating before is impossible but I just figured the black edition would be better post exercise due to less carbs and extra protien.

Not really fussed either way haha

Soldato
Think i'll give these a try, not keen on most protein bars however so hopefully they're a bit more tolerable

Caporegime
Just follows the trend of slapping 'contains x grammes of protein' on over priced **** with ingredients that will spike you just the same as a Snickers bar. Maltitol causes a blood sugar spike almost to the levels of sugar. Avoid that **** like the plague. You will feel hungry just as quickly as if you ate a mars bar and it will cost you £2 a bar for the privilege. Far better ways to get vitamins.

Go to 12mins on this video:

Last edited:
Soldato
Right. Salted Caramel Black is damn nice. I haven't really strayed away from Strawberry & Cream so I thought I'd try something different and I'm happy.

If only I could do the same with Huel Savoury though as I stick to Chicken & Mush and Cajun Pasta.

Soldato
Right. Salted Caramel Black is damn nice. I haven't really strayed away from Strawberry & Cream so I thought I'd try something different and I'm happy.

If only I could do the same with Huel Savoury though as I stick to Chicken & Mush and Cajun Pasta.
The cinnamon black is my favourite followed by strawberry.

Madras is my favourite hot.

Soldato
Tried the warm meals. Gross. Tasted like chemicals.

Tried Carbonara and Mac n Cheese. Not going to say disgusting but really not nice.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm not vegan or anything but try it and all of the (black editions tbh) with 100ml of sugar free almond milk with 300ml of water. For me it makes them even better and creamier.

Back
Top Bottom