Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
The cinnamon black is my favourite followed by strawberry.

Madras is my favourite hot.
Shall certainly try Cinnamon Black next up and will also try the almond milk (never tried these milks before). Does that milk add extra cals though? Cheers!

I tried Madras a while back but I couldn't get into it at all. I think it was the quinoa stuff that I disliked as I've always struggled getting to like that.

Edit: Sorry Madras above I mistook for Mexican Chilli, which I disliked. Just added Cinnamon Swirl Black and Madras to my next order!

Last edited:
Associate
Probably cheaper to just use a protein shake though, if it's just protein that's the main goal?

I tend to use Huel as a meal replacement, and protein shake as a post workout.

Soldato
No nothing. I wonder if you have a bad batch I find it very tasty.

Now the cookies and cream black, now that's rank.
I was wondering the same regarding the batch. This smells proper good but there's very little taste there, and I am hoping the nutrient profile is at least present.

Cookies & Cream I just took delivery of :p Got Caramel Coffee (it's not bad) to finish off first!

Soldato
I am about 2 weeks into daily greens... It's alright, hard to say if it's not just snake oil yet though. It tastes fine (I wouldn't go as far as saying "good" but certainly not bad at all), goes down easy. Can't say for sure if it has had much of an impact at all but I think it is still early days

Did a bit of studying about the ingredients comparing it to other greens powders and as far as I can tell it is pretty good, except:
* It has majority Vitamin D2 rather than D3, which is arguably the less good kind of Vitamin D (owing to its "vegan" status basically; D3 is animal based normally)
* Its Magnesium is Magnesium Oxide which again is kind of considered the poorer form of it

So what we have done is grabbed a big vial of liquid Vitamin D3 and a tub of Magnesium Citrate powder from H&B and we add some of that to it (being very careful to avoid exceeding recommended amounts of either; particularly the Magnesium as it can be pretty bad to have too much of)

Last edited:
Associate
I am about 2 weeks into daily greens... It's alright, hard to say if it's not just snake oil yet though. It tastes fine (I wouldn't go as far as saying "good" but certainly not bad at all), goes down easy. Can't say for sure if it has had much of an impact at all but I think it is still early days

Did a bit of studying about the ingredients comparing it to other greens powders and as far as I can tell it is pretty good, except:
* It has majority Vitamin D2 rather than D3, which is arguably the less good kind of Vitamin D (owing to its "vegan" status basically; D3 is animal based normally)
* Its Magnesium is Magnesium Oxide which again is kind of considered the poorer form of it

So what we have done is grabbed a big vial of liquid Vitamin D3 and a tub of Magnesium Citrate powder from H&B and we add some of that to it (being very careful to avoid exceeding recommended amounts of either; particularly the Magnesium as it can be pretty bad to have too much of)
On day 3 of daily greens, agree, taste is pallatable, bit rough but ok.

Also not sure if there's any benefits more than a multivitamin. Flippin expensive as well.

Soldato
If you think Daily Greens is expensive you should see AG1 (different product which is as popular with influencers as Raid Shadow Legends and Nord VPN) - as far as I can tell it is virtually identical but over 2x the cost :eek:

You get more accustomed to the taste a bit after a week or so - my wife has started using a large diameter metal straw for hers and claims it gets it down better but I'm still a fan of the constantly swirl it then sip technique

I think it is basically a multivitamin + probiotic, that's all. How beneficial it is for any given person depends how well your existing diet covers those different things I guess. The wife and I bought one pouch of it and it's almost run out now after 2 weeks but we're getting another 2 pouches delivered imminently and I reckon by the time we are done with those (another ~1 month) we'll have come to a conclusion over whether it is worth the cost

Soldato
Had first daily greens this morning, and kinda like it. Will see how it goes, fairly pricey.

Best supplement I've tried is lion's mane, good for focus I find. Solid science behind it. Tried Reishi but not really doing anything for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Since we are in the Huel thread I would say I did notice that they specifically say Daily Greens isn't really meant for you if you also regularly consume their other products, due to the large overlap in some of the vitamins... Not an issue for me as I don't like their other products :cry: but worth keeping in mind

Back
Top Bottom