Hyundai W241D-PVA

Soldato
Yeah definatly does, tad pricey @ £450 considering thats 50% more price over the Samsung 245B 24" but the viewing angles look very nice I think if I was in the market to buy one today it may have been the hyundia and not the dells ;)

Soldato
Definitely looks x1000 better than your old monitor :)

Dont have any hdmi hardware im afraid, my bro has his 360 here and ill hook it up, but i think it cant do 1080p over component, so if i was to test it properly id have to go out and buy a 360 vga cable (which i dont really want to do). so 720p/1080i will have to do for now.

Dont diss, i love that monitor, had it a few years and still looks class today, that pic dont do it justice :)

here are a couple from crysis i took just now for you guys (havent had time to really test that too....but it seemed absolutely fine, no ghosting)

Soldato
It is a bit pricey, and i wanted a 2407 cos it looks the best and does exactly what i wanted it to do, but that ghosting issue just put me off completely. Luckily i have a bit of money to burn, and considering my TN monitor doesnt have the greatest colour/viewing angles, i thought i might as well get the best i can for the money. I wanted a black monitor to go with everything else i have (which is black), and it had hdmi and all the connections i want(inc usb hub). I know there are no reviews out ( and im prob the 1st person to get this monitor in the UK lol :p ) but to be honest it ticks all the boxes. Its only 20 quid more than the dell/Benq, but to be honest it looks great and that premmium is well worth it. The 240D is probably the best monitor to get in terms of price and performance, but i knew id be wanting more if i got another TN :)

Soldato
The screen looks amazing but I think it is a little bit too expensive for me!

Would you be able to provide a picture of a plain black screen so we can see whether there is any significant backlight bleeding?

Soldato
The screen looks amazing but I think it is a little bit too expensive for me!

Would you be able to provide a picture of a plain black screen so we can see whether there is any significant backlight bleeding?

I dont know how to get a plain black screen!! but when loading crysis it goes black for a few seconds and i could see a fair bit, i esp in the top right and bottom left corner.

Tbh im not fussed about bleeding, it doesnt bother me in the slightest, but i think this monitor has a fair bit. My advice to anybody else is just buy the montior they want because none of them are perfect and bleeding will always be a problem.

COD4 shots to follow

Last edited:
Soldato
Would you say this is worth the extra 92 over the W240D tn panel, As I will only be viewing it from head on?

Look's awsome by the way.

Just watched the transformers trailer in 1080p, looked awesome...

If money is tight then go for the TN 240D. As i dont have both i cant really compare; my outgoing 19" was a TN (8ms) panel. This PVA has richer colours and much better viewing angles than that TN, and there is NO ghosting at all in games. Comparing it to the 2407-HC, i think this just pips it (lol i think im going to be biased anyway so i can say this is better than my brothers dell).

With my TN i was just slightly disappointed with the colour/viewing angles, but it was still a great monitor regardless. If you are purely a gamer then the 240D will do you fine im sure, if you like to dabble in some movies from time to time and game too, then i would advise to get this version. With the USB hub its just a perfect all round package :)

EDIT: ill try and sort a backlight bleed pic and some video shots after i have eaten. Any preferences for video?

Last edited:
Soldato
Very tempted as I will be watching movies as well.

Cheers

The other reason why i got this was so that i wouldnt be left with the feeling i would want a PVA panel (this was how i felt when i got my 19"), so i forked out the extra 90 odd quid. I think you might as well spend the extra cos the monitor is the focal point of a setup, you wont be disappointed.

Associate
OP
Sounds pretty conclusive to me!

I'll be giving my 2407 to my brother and getting this monitor mainly as it has HDMI and is not a downgrade on my current 24" (if I only knew I'd need HDMI when I spent £550 on my Dell monitor a few months ago, doh!).

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics, you probably are the first reviewer in the UK *famous*

Soldato
im having problems calibrating the monitor...sometimes seems to dark, when i set brightness to zero its still quite bright, lowering the contrast seems to sort it out.

Anybody have a good guide on how to calibrate?

Absolutely loving this monitor if you didnt know already :)

Man of Honour
Can someone give Baddass a kick and tell him to get cracking on some reviews of this monitor for TFTcentral?

He's been prommising ones for the W240-TN for AGES now..... but from forum pics it looks to have noticable backlight bleed (though all the inputs makes it a very capable monitor for the price imo). This PVA looks to be a nice competitor for Dell and BenQ, so we need some damm reviews already!

:(

hehe. I have quite a few things on the go at the moment so not had chance to get this model in yet. Will see what I can do though, as I'd be interested to take a look at the TN and PVA models

Associate
Greetings OcUK forums, my first post :D

Naan H, you have pretty much sold me on this monitor [w241d-pva], i have been trying to decide all of last week. Just wondering if you have had the chance to take any more shots that you mentioned, and even video you said you might do. Also, your thoughts now you had it a few days... particularly its faults :) Thank you.

I am planning on having it sit next to my 24"imac as a second screen, with my xbox also attached via HDMI :D :D fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone for reading.

Back
Top Bottom