Hyundai W241D-PVA

Soldato
hi there puddlejumper, unfortunately i just didnt have enough time to hook up the 360 on the weekend before my brother left, he also took his digi camera with him, so im only left with the phone on my camera (2mp). i did take some shots of video but they didnt come out that well, but ill post them anyway (transformers). I watched some x264 (1.2GB, 720p) stuff last night while sitting back in my chair and it looked great, was really immersive compared to my 4:3 19" monitor.

Ive also noticed that the backlight bleed in the top left has pretty much disappeared, it only remains in the bottom left, but each to their own as it doesn't bother me.

this is the closest i got to a blank screen, there is a little on the bottom left corner but it barely shows up (sorry couldnt get a better pic):

Infact both the above pics show some on the top left, but its not really there. In the last pic you might be able to see what im on about in the bottom left, but its so minor that it doesnt bother me. But for some of you i guess it will.

In all honesty this monitor just gets better and better for me. I was a bit skeptical about getting a hyundai, but in all honesty it is all round a great monitor with everything you will need, i dont think you can get much better. I definitiely dont regret buying it (so far) It looks so much like a tv too which is another aspect it like, im a fan of glossy finishing on screens so thats another plus. I dont think there is much diffference between this and other PVA screens, but if you like to be a bit different then go ahead and get one.

I just need to calibrate this beast now!

hth.

Associate
Those are great shots, thank you! :D Your camera phone is better than you give it credit. Also you can really tell that the screen picture is good, and thats it's HD too! I so gotta get one, knowing my luck it'll have dead pixels :(

Oh and look, new Christmas smileys, woohooo lol :p

Soldato
Those are great shots, thank you! :D Your camera phone is better than you give it credit. Also you can really tell that the screen picture is good, and thats it's HD too! I so gotta get one, knowing my luck it'll have dead pixels :(

Oh and look, new Christmas smileys, woohooo lol :p

They were actually from the digi camera, forgot i had them :)

Yeh they are HD, just wish i had a hd-dvd / blu-ray player to really test it out, but ill wait till they drop in price. I recently got a 5.1 setup in my room with an X-fi card too, with the monitor it just makes EVERYTHING more immersive.

Come on people put your money down and buy one, i really want other peoples opinions on it! we need more reviews lol.

Associate
ooo 5.1 sweet! I will get one, gotta wait a week or so first though (please everyone leave one for me.. dont buy them all :p)

Yes we do need more reviews, and maybe a picture showing the backlight bleed?

Associate
hehe. I have quite a few things on the go at the moment so not had chance to get this model in yet. Will see what I can do though, as I'd be interested to take a look at the TN and PVA models

Excuses, excuses..... ;)

In your own time mate, I'm really interested in these monitors though, they look the closest competition to the Dell 2407 so far..... and they look dead sexy.

Soldato
Looks lovely those screenshots, hopefully your backlight bleed will fade out completly I know my samsung 245B did after few days of use.

I think u pushed a button of mine though when you said if I got an TN panel id be forever wanting to know if it coulda got better ;)

Only way to truely know is to get the hyundia or better....

Soldato
I didnt tell you the buttons are on the front of the bezel and a feather touch ones ( ie you just place your finger on them and they work, they are not real buttons you have to press down on. It sorta gives it a bit more of a 'bling' factor but when it is dark its really hard to see what you are pressing!

Soldato
wow, just wow... if you want a 24" monitor, get this one! i received mine just 20 minutes ago, 0 dead/stuck pixels and 0 backlight bleed... 100% Awesomeness! :D

Hi mate, nice one! Post some pics please if you can. I also have 0 stuck/dead pixels, and the backlight bleed is improving! Glad im not the only one who thinks this monitor is great :)

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I will look at putting these on special tomorrow to anyone who is interested on our weekly deals.

OcUK has an exclusive on the PVA panel types and they are indeed fabulous monitors. :)

Associate
Hi there

I will look at putting these on special tomorrow to anyone who is interested on our weekly deals.

OcUK has an exclusive on the PVA panel types and they are indeed fabulous monitors. :)

:D Awesome! When will this deal end please Gibbo (if you are able to do it)... will it run 1 week (wednesday to Wednesday)? I gotta wait for a check to clear before I can get one.

Soldato
Gibbo any chance of us early adopters getting refunded the difference? If i had known i would have waited for the weekley deal:(

Soldato
Well ive had a few hours now to test the Hyundai

This replaced the NEC 20WGX2 so the standards were quite hard to beat.

Initial impressions:

If your coming from a 20" screen to this, then be prepared for a shock at just how big this thing is, I was thinking well its only another 4" diagonal, but believe you me it feels so much bigger when you have the thing set up in front of you.

Ive only tested DVI mode, although ive also got an Xbox connected with the VGA which i briefly switched on and the dash looked very nice switched to 1080

The only downside i can see so far is connecting through DVI, you are very limited in what you can adjust compared to the NEC, which is basically contrast and brightness, there are no sharpness settings or colour temperature profiles you can sellect through the OSD.

I tested a couple of games (GOW and HL2 Episode 2) and they both ran and looked as good as the NEC and i had no trouble getting a good framerate running at max res, with no ghosting

The monitor runs non native resolutions ok, thanks to the 1:1 pixel mapping, and resolutions of 1680x1050 looked fine.

I havent tried any scaling yet but im confident this screen can pull it off.

With not too much to tweak regarding DVI, the black levels are not as good as the NEC, but they are acceptable and as Naan_H has found, this might get better over time. I am relieved that I have no dead pixels and with a bit of calabration, i cant see anybody dissapointed about buying the Hyundai

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom