I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Cheers dude, well pleased. Just got another one on the go with 0.05mm off the Z offset to make the lettering on the bottom clearer and reduce the tiny bit of elephant foot on that one.

I grabbed my extrusion from Ooze, bolts and screws from Amazon and eBay and most of the other mechanicals from there too. Only thing else I bought from Ooze was the V slot wheels thinking about it. Might have paid a little over the odds for bolts and such but was much easier to get them all in one order.

Associate
Thats looking very nice Randal :)

You have sold the D-Bot idea to me as well, just perusing the parts list to see what I need to order, though I am not going to start until I have received all the extra bits for the Tevo as I want it keyed in before I start the prints for the new one :) Hopefully I should have it back in working order by the end of the week. Best get some PETG ordered as well - or at least picked up from the shop around the corner anyway :)

Bit of a pain getting Alu extrusions here, so I think its just an ebay order and will get them pre-cut and pre-tapped to save on the headache.

Time for a quick look on Aliexpress I think!!!!!!!!

Soldato
Which type of Nema 17?
I'm getting the 0.9 ones from the bay fwiw: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222095456042

What size/voltage bed are you after?

Re the E3D bed:

E3D said:
The varipower heated bed pack is only temporarily disabled as we are fulfilling BigBox back orders and want to make sure that we have enough.

Once we are certain that we have enough stock to fulfill our back orders we will enable them again and they will be available on the website.

Hmm... Had kind of made my mind up to go 300x300, but the quality of the E3D bed might be worth hanging around for.
I dunno.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys,

Filamentive have got 50% off currently which means you can get 1Kg of rPETg (recycled petg) for only £13.49 delivered!!! Just use the code "june50" on the cart page.

J.

Soldato
Which type of Nema 17?
I'm getting the 0.9 ones from the bay fwiw: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222095456042

What size/voltage bed are you after?

Re the E3D bed:

The PDF says "5X NEMA 17 BIPOLAR STEPPER MOTOR, KL17H248-15-4A, 76 oz-in"

I'm just trying to stick with what the guy says so I won't have problems.
As for bed size 200x300mm or as big as can be fitted.

Thanks for sharing the message from E3D.

Hey guys,

Filamentive have got 50% off currently which means you can get 1Kg of rPETg (recycled petg) for only £13.49 delivered!!! Just use the code "june50" on the cart page.

J.

Thank you very much :)

Soldato
Ok, you've got me curious now.
I've asked on the FB group if it's necessary to have that or at least a 68oz-in stepper as specced by the C-Bot creator.

Thank you.
You know what will happen if someone doesn't follow the PDF and has a problem. "well you should bought the right parts" :D

I've never had a ebay account(as I don't trust them) Can I open one with my pay pal account?

Soldato
Yeah, shouldn't have any issues :)

Got a response on the steppers:
Nema 17's are absolutely overkill for a standard Cartesians. CoreXY's have far less moving weight on its axis, so you will be plenty fine.

And that's regarding my choice of 58oz-in stepper.

Soldato
No worries :)

Tempted to start a dedicated thread for this to make it easier to log and share our progress, while leaving this thread for general 3d printer discussion, but I'm still a printerless noob tbh and might not be the right guy for the job.

Soldato
No worries :)

Tempted to start a dedicated thread for this to make it easier to log and share our progress, while leaving this thread for general 3d printer discussion, but I'm still a printerless noob tbh and might not be the right guy for the job.

Poll needed :D
just kidding. Yeh make one if you want.
Maybe ask people to put a link to what parts they bought and where from?

Soldato
Poll needed :D
just kidding. Yeh make one if you want.
Maybe ask people to put a link to what parts they bought and where from?

Yeah, that was one of the main things I wanted to do, since I know that my build is going to be a fair bit different to yours or Randal's for example.

It'd be cool to have a few posts/build logs linked in the OP to make things easier to find for prospective builders.

If you don't start a thread I will tomorrow when the bits start arriving. :D

The man has arrived :D

Soldato

I know it says 180, but I'm pretty sure they realistically do around 100-110.

ED

Thank you bulb66 for posting that 50% discount code. I haven't even started ordering printer parts yet, but I couldn't resist snagging 3kg of their carbon PETG, as I plan to be doing a lot of stuff with that material anyway.

And at half price... Woo!

Now I have to make the bloody thing :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I will be going through the D-Bot design and seeing what printed parts can be replaced with things like: http://www.makerstore.com.au/product/universal-l-brackets-double/

Won't you get import tax?

I know it says 180, but I'm pretty sure they realistically do around 100-110.

ED

Thank you bulb66 for posting that 50% discount code. I haven't even started ordering printer parts yet, but I couldn't resist snagging 3kg of their carbon PETG, as I plan to be doing a lot of stuff with that material anyway.

And at half price... Woo!

Now I have to make the bloody thing :D

Your most likely right about the bed. I think I'll do the same as you and wait for the E3D bed.

Back
Top Bottom