I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Soldato
Now I've got a 'proper' extruder for the UM2, I might try some flexible filaments, the Bondtech Extruder grips the filament all around and is a closed chamber, so should work 'ok' with a Bowden..

Here is the Bondtech QR Fitted:
o2eFItw.jpg

You can see one of the gear drives
u7r06rG.jpg

And printing the usual Extrusion test easily hits 10mm3/s which I could never get with the old extruder, I might see how much more it can flow, I do have the Olson Block and I upgraded the heater to a 35W last year, so should do a bit more..
cQzKxBj.jpg

Soldato
Now I've got a 'proper' extruder for the UM2, I might try some flexible filaments, the Bondtech Extruder grips the filament all around and is a closed chamber, so should work 'ok' with a Bowden..

And printing the usual Extrusion test easily hits 10mm3/s which I could never get with the old extruder, I might see how much more it can flow, I do have the Olson Block and I upgraded the heater to a 35W last year, so should do a bit more..

Buy a sample first to see if it works ok. I have my reel 10 inches above my Titan extruder.

Soldato
Buy a sample first to see if it works ok. I have my reel 10 inches above my Titan extruder.

Yeah, We tried flexible PLA in work on the UM2's we have in there, the v1 UM2 (same as I have at home) was rubbish, the newer UM2+ was a lot better, and I've seen people with Bondtech saying it works reasonably.

In fact, Bondtech did a video! I might just order 10M though as its something I've not tried before:

Soldato
Next part of my Babylon 5 PPG project.

Reprinting the grip, lol.

Thanks for watching ;).

J.

Great video again. And a nice print :)

Yeah, We tried flexible PLA in work on the UM2's we have in there, the v1 UM2 (same as I have at home) was rubbish, the newer UM2+ was a lot better, and I've seen people with Bondtech saying it works reasonably.

In fact, Bondtech did a video! I might just order 10M though as its something I've not tried before:

Lets us know how you get on with flexi.

Associate
NEPyGHV.jpg
ghostbusters-movie-2016-proton-packs.jpg

Testing the 'gun' part of the proton pack, everything goes well together including the side panels that are screwed on via brass threaded inserts.

Hoping to prime and paint it soon to see how it looks finished.

Associate
I am literally at bursting point at the moment, I will have one for Christmas off my wife it's up stairs and I can't wait.... All I have done for the past month is peruse thingiverse and watch 3d printing videos on yourube.
Watching and waiting and dreaming of the day that I can print something useless and truly gloat in the fact that yes! I would download a car! I have the .STL's and have already pre-installed Cura and have been drawing little things in Vectorworks when I have free time at work.

Talk about a kid on Christmas.

By indy age 36.

Associate
Anyone hoping for some 3d printing related black friday deals?

ooznest replied to a tweet I sent with the following deals - http://ooznest.co.uk/Offers

E3D aren't themselves having any black Friday offers.

Don't need any filaments, got them coming out of every orifice, lol. But would like a new V6 hotend.

J.

Back
Top Bottom