Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I went Bosch Green.... comeatmebro.jpg

comeatmebro.gif

Soldato
Shoulda got a Honda Izy :p

Mine is now 17 years old and still going strong. Only had to replace the cord once in that time and the blade twice (sharpened the other times)
This is where I went wrong with petrol mowers, buying Chinese ones from Tesco and homebase, I gave the Tesco one to my ex and ended up repairing it last month, tried a new cord and the damn spring unwound and broke so ended up buying her a new recoil unit £23 TBF though .
Also carb full of jelly and rubbish fuel lines, but stuck a new spark plug in and set it up.
Don't miss them though, did try a cordless hedge trimmer but didn't work for me so went sthil

Soldato
This is where I went wrong with petrol mowers, buying Chinese ones from Tesco and homebase, I gave the Tesco one to my ex and ended up repairing it last month, tried a new cord and the damn spring unwound and broke so ended up buying her a new recoil unit £23 TBF though .

I think the mower cost me about £250 at the time so its more than paid for itself (£15/year). The body may last another 3-4 years before it needs replaced (rust) but I'll just buy a new body and move the rest of it over.

I also tried the whole cord replacement thing and the same happened regarding the spring. I tried to wind it back in but it wasn't happening. Once I seen the whole unit was about £25, I just bought that instead. 5 min job - 3 bolts off, swap over and 3 bolts back on :cry:

Soldato
A few RCBOs and some 4mm cable to finish off my house rewire (started 2022 :o )

Why is there ALWAYS one more trip to Screwfix needed? Case in point - 4mm wasn't in stock so I went to the electrical wholesaler nearby. They won't sell me 1m of 6mm earth tail, so I'll have to order from Screwfix and collect tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is there ALWAYS one more trip to Screwfix needed? Case in point - 4mm wasn't in stock so I went to the electrical wholesaler nearby. They won't sell me 1m of 6mm earth tail, so I'll have to order from Screwfix and collect tomorrow.

I'm dreading this when we get our house and start doing more DIY again. Closest place to us is ~30 mins away (B&Q equivalent) and the only local options are small independent hardware shops which don't stock much. Combined with everything shutting on a Sunday i feel i'm going to be leaving a lot of jobs unfinished over weekends!

Soldato
I'm dreading this when we get our house and start doing more DIY again. Closest place to us is ~30 mins away (B&Q equivalent) and the only local options are small independent hardware shops which don't stock much. Combined with everything shutting on a Sunday i feel i'm going to be leaving a lot of jobs unfinished over weekends!
You get used to it. Settle into the incomplete house vibe!

Soldato
Aww yiss.

zvAnDBl.jpg

The important question is, what tune did you go for in the charger? :D (put the battery in, out and back in again, each time you do this it cycles to a new tune, you know, the important stuff!).

If you really want to make your ears bleed try a different tune for each battery dock, it's not nice when they both go off!

Back
Top Bottom