iRacing

Associate
Instead of having a pop at me why dont you just say sure john host up a Brands for HPD and we will run some laps and have some fun.Lifes too short to spend it fighting on forums.

You can choose day or night when you host if the track has a night option.

Ive never used TrackIR so cant help you there.

To give some idea about the cost today alone i bought 155$ of credit to buy 3 cars and a few tracks so i now have full content and a few $ left to host with.The content just cost me 178$

I guess its just that today i spent 200$ on it and drove for 6 hours is the reason i posted what i did.

Last edited:
Associate
Come on guys..kiss and make up :)

I think you both have very valid points.. Johny is correct that it can be quite expensive if you want to progress, but that is up to the person to decide whether you should buy or not. Gimpy is correct that you can stay in the lower licenses and have great fun..the MX-5 races are excellent and for some people are more than enough to get their racing fix!

The more people the better is what I say, so if you want to try what i personally feel is the best racer out there..give it a go :)

Soldato
OP
At this stage, I have no interest in purchasing 100% content, only the cars and tracks I like and to enter in the races I enjoy going forward so I do not see it costing that much more in comparison to say an MMO.

That however is the beauty of it, one person spending $100 a year could have as much fun as someone spending $400 in their opinion. The game already has enough negativity outside its community regarding its payment model and I think saying "Youve got to spend hundreds" will scare people off even more and I think it is important to balance that statement as in my opinion, it is not true.

Personally, my aim is to master these Roadsters, which, with me being ****, is going to take some time so for me, all I have to pay for the time being, is my sub :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I can see both sides of the argument, personally I try to be somewhere in the middle, it needs to be pointed out that if you get into iRacing properly/fully then the cost is quite huge, but yes you can just do the lower class/road only stuff to save money...

Also worth remembering the discount for various items, iirc it's 10% for 3 items, 20% for 6 items and if you're buying stuff to get to/maintain 100% it's 25% off.

Just got my mini-dp adaptor so I'm ready to go back to eyefinity tonight and fire iRacing back up again for the first time in a couple of days, withdrawal symptoms already :p

Associate
Just got iRacing, just downloading a lot of updates now?

Im not a huge fan on pay monthly...no matter how cheap it is or how good the game/sim is. But ill give this a go for the first 3 months.

Is it easy to get enough iRacing credits to renew your subscription in 3 months?

cant get the game to use whole 900degrees of my wheel :(

Last edited:
Soldato

Im not a huge fan on pay monthly...no matter how cheap it is or how good the game/sim is. But ill give this a go for the first 3 months.

Is it easy to get enough iRacing credits to renew your subscription in 3 months?

You get participation credits, but that's only going to be a max of $10 per season (12 weeks, but were in week 11 or 12 now, so your sub will have run out by then, but you'd get the $10 via email iirc). So basically no, not likely. Over a year it works out better if you put the effort in of $99 sub minus $40 participation credits = $59 for a year, ~$5 per month.

What's it saying/doing, once your profiler is set to 900 degrees then when calibrating after doing the full range it asks you to turn 90 degrees left, on that screen it shows how many degrees of steering range it thinks you have. What is that saying?

Associate

If you are going off the drivers arm in the sim, then don't worry you are getting 900 degrees. They havent modelled the arms turning the wheel 900 degrees yet.

Associate
how do we know if our cars have the new tyre model???

are the series always the same, like this seasons nearly over will for instance the next skip barber series have the same circuits as this season???

Associate

are the series always the same, like this seasons nearly over will for instance the next skip barber series have the same circuits as this season???

These cars are in season 4 on NTM:
Legends Ford '34 Coupe cars (both Rookie and Advanced)
Mazda MX-5 Cup and Roadster
SCCA Spec Racer Ford
Street Stock
Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
Chevrolet Corvette C6R
Skip Barber Formula 2000
Ford GT
Honda Performance Developments ARX-01c
Chevrolet Silverado
Chevrolet Impala Class B
Chevrolet Impala cars

More are going to get it next season.

I used to play a lot of Race 07 and rFactor but have moved to iRacing. I was once skeptical about the costs of playing it. However, I did the 3 months thing and now renew at Black Friday for a half price years subscription. Helps to keep the costs down :)

Had a great league practice race last night which I uploaded a segment to youtube:

Last edited:
Soldato

And to answer your other question, no the series do change, and this upcoming series is the 'major' change (the one after will be a minor one, they might change configs/order but generally not tracks).

So if you're planning on doing a new series then it's best to either look in the forums for the current state of discussions or just wait until some point in week 13 where the official schedule will be released.

Associate

what series is that mate???

And to answer your other question, no the series do change, and this upcoming series is the 'major' change (the one after will be a minor one, they might change configs/order but generally not tracks).

So if you're planning on doing a new series then it's best to either look in the forums for the current state of discussions or just wait until some point in week 13 where the official schedule will be released.

ok thanks mate, so the skip barber series will still be there using that car but will change tracks etc???

Soldato
what series is that mate???

ok thanks mate, so the skip barber series will still be there using that car but will change tracks etc???

Yep, there was a poll that I believe has been passed back to iRacing (they specifically ask for the community to put input into/decide the schedule), looks quite good but only 2 free tracks/weeks I believe so not great for getting started in it :p

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1836711.page

Soldato
Am I right in thinking that "Hosted" races are "unranked"?

Is it possible to register for a race later this evening or can you only sign up a few hours in advance?

Yeah, Hosted races aren't 'Official' and hence irating/SR don't count. Note also that the Carb Cup and Formula Fun series are also unofficial, as are some of the week 13 and some others.

Assuming you mean the official races there's the race planner on the dashboard that shows others your intention to race, and not many people seem to use, but other than that it's just 30 minutes before the race.

Back
Top Bottom