Just gave blood again, do you?

Permabanned
What's with your sig by the way Skyfall? A few friend/collegues and I would play online with modem to modem on Grand Prix 2 and other games. No internet required. Pretentious sig fail? ;)

Soldato
I've looked into it before but I'm not sure if I can. Just answered the questions on their site and I will have to call them to find out for sure. I had malaria when I was younger, living in India for 4 years so not sure how that will effect it. I would if I could!

Soldato
I give regularly. We have vans come every few months at work. Next time will be my 7th and I plan do to keep on donating until I am no longer 'fit for purpose' so to speak :)

Associate
Gave too much blood fighting at matches during the 80's

In this day and age if i'm producing something i want to see a non taxable profit so a can reinvest that into petrol for my car ..

Besides all that good on you people who do give blood .. all for a worthy cause no doubt.

Soldato
OP
How do you feel after they've taken the blood, and how much do they take? I've heard it said that you can feel a bit wiped out for a while afterwards.
I've never had a problem I always feel just fine, some people apparently get light headed or maybe a little tired but it's down to the individual like I said I don't feel any different after.

It's strange really, before when I've given it's been a "why not" type of approach but this time I felt like I really wanted to and maybe feel generally good about myself now. It's something that is needed and it's so simple to give and I guess in a way it's kind of selfless, I don't get to choose who it goes to whether it be a saint or a murder and I feel good that it's there to help anyone who needs it.

I hope everyone else who gives feels good too :)

And if you can give please do, if you live in Glasgow there's a donation centre so you can go whenever you like, I'm sure there's more elsewhere too.

Associate
I'm giving blood this Saturday it will be my fouth time, i often get very hot when giving blood but i take that as a sign my bodies reacting to being prodded :)

Now if you were a women i'd be asking you to go into a little more detail about that post, but seeing as your a guy ? i'll leave it at that and lett you continue being prodded so to speak :)

Soldato
Had several transfusions so I am not allowed to give blood....:(

Same, had some 2 pints/units about 5 years ago now, there seems to be a blanket 'since 1st Jan 1980' policy in place,

I can see why to an extent, but surely the blood I was given was testing, and the blood I would give would be tested, so is there really that big a risk?

Which is a shame, as I really would like to donate, after experiencing what it's like to not have enough blood and then how such a simple thing can make you feel a hell of a lot better, probably more annoying that I had ~8-10 years before the accident in which to donate but never bothered.

Don
I haven't been able to for a while. Went around 16 months ago there or there abouts, but wasn't allowed to donate due to me having a suspected broken toe.

Then I ripped my ACL and had to have reconstructive knee surgery. Need to get booked in in the next couple of months :)

Soldato
Needle Phobia.
I don't think giving blood is very good for me ( I have a VERY low blood pressure, sometimes feel very lightheaded ( as in, I have to hold on not to fall over) when getting up from my chair ).

Back
Top Bottom