Kerbal Space Program

Associate
OP
Just make a HUGE amount of boosters and then 1 little rocket on top which consists of a capsule then a anti-spin thingy (forgot what it is called :p) and then a fuel rocket :D

Last edited:
Associate
This is actually pretty addictive! Currently on my way to the moon it seems :p

Mddn6l.jpg

Not sure how they're gonna get back though. Oh well.

Soldato
Managed to get a 10 stage rocket into space.
Took a while to design it right as some parts that disconnected were colliding with the following thrusters.
Leading to funny results.

Soldato
Just had a great flight there, lasted so long I went down and watched TV for half of it. Managed to come back up in time to release the parachute, apparently I shoudn't have waited until just 250m high though :(

KSP1.jpg

In summary:

878km altitude, 2736m/s highest speed, 4321km distance covered.

For my next flight I hope to complete a full orbit and land safely back at base.

Here's a screenshot of the ship:

HighFlyer.jpg

12 SRBs for the first section, 5 SRBs for the second. The third section is a LRB with 3 fuel tanks.

My next design will include a LRB with atleast 1 fuel tank and possible some wings in order to help achieve a longer orbit as well as help aim at the home base once a full orbit is complete, I regretted using all the fuel in one burn this time round :)

Soldato
My rocket seems to spin in the air with liquid fuel engine. I can't seem to control it lol:(:p

Gratuitous use of the SAS system and some nifty work on the controls were the only thing that kept my ship pointed in a vaguely correct direction. I think that once you get up high enough there's a lot less random spinning to the ship due to lower air friction.

Back
Top Bottom