Kerbal Space Program

Man of Honour
Cut engine to zero, Warp in time, till you hit the yellow bit, where it will draw a new line. Turn around 180degrees and throttle up, the new line wil slowly come in and encircle the mun, if you want to orbit leave it in a circle, I you want to land keep it throttle up, until the lines intersect the moon, throttle down to zero %, when down to about 50000m altitude throttle up and slow your decent.

Soldato
Cut engine to zero, Warp in time, till you hit the yellow bit, where it will draw a new line. Turn around 180degrees and throttle up, the new line wil slowly come in and encircle the mun, if you want to orbit leave it in a circle, I you want to land keep it throttle up, until the lines intersect the moon, throttle down to zero %, when down to about 50000m altitude throttle up and slow your decent.

I'll bare that in mind for next time, i warped too fast and missed the moon :(

Associate
Star = Kerbol
Planet = Kerbin
Species= Kerbals
Moon = Mun
Just for refference guys. :)

Gleeecooo: in you picture. The orange moon represents where the the moon WILL be once you enter the orange line.
Also when your turning around 180Degrees, look for a green arrow with the lines at funny angles (On nav ball) the is optimal decent vector.

Youtube is your friend too learn quickly. (But trial an error is more fun)
Also land slower than 2m/s an with no lateral drift, or it'll break up.

I personally find using uptimal desent vector, until 100 meters at 5/10m/s.
Then engage ASAS with the nose pointed straight up, us main thrusters to reduce speed to 1-2m/s an Translation RCS to stop all lateral drift.
Greatly simplifies landing work load, only have 2 Dimensions to manage, rather than 4 normally. :)
Easy as crashed Kerbal pie.

Last edited:
Soldato
Woop, made my first spaceplane that can acheive orbit! :D

Project1.png

I can't land it yet though, i think i'd need some kind of stick for that.

Soldato
It seems it can achieve mun orbit too, i thought i'd use what little fuel i have left to see just how low an orbit i could get, trying to land on the side of a hill at 760m/s was never going to end well though, lol. :D

760mslanding.png

Associate
FINALLY got this!
Congradulations.
So where are the screen shots of your crazy inventions..

Thanks Sean, trying to do it without videos to show me, just so the novelty lasts a bit longer :D

PS- My username begins with a "C", not a "G":p
Opps, I am sorry Cleeecooo.
Novelty?
The nolvelty of establishing Kerbin/Mun/Minimus orbits, or a Mun/Minimus bases from 5-10 landed rockets all within 200ft radius..
Or finding, an creating a airplane junkyard on a far away KSC.

Honestly if it weren't for the fuel flow bug, I'd never play another game.
In my rocket design's I use paralel fuel tank + engines.

Soldato
Oh God what have I done!

ohgod.png

I have no idea how to use the ordering system or how to disconnect/activate stuff at different times so I messed around and got a swift death.

Soldato
Lol

The stage with the biggest number is the one tht happens first.

EG, you could have solid boosters in stage 5
Then the decouplers for them in stage 4
Then some ,liquid engines in stage 3
Then their decouplers in stage 2
Then parachutes in stage 1

If that was your stage order, youd get solid engines igniting at the forst space bar press. Then they would decouple. Then when you press space again, the liquid engoines decoupl... etc

Back
Top Bottom